Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2023, 09:03 PM   #1

HEAD GASKET CATASTROpHI

Okay, so today I wanted to tackle the situation with my head gasket. I went and took the gas tank off. I removed everything from the valve cover. I made sure the bike was at top dead center. When I attempted to remove the head after taking off the rocker arm assembly, all of the head bolts were literally loose to the point where I could back them out with my fingers. However, when I tried to loosen the external bolt on the outside, it was so tight that it broke. Now I have the bolt stuck in my head. I don't know what to do. They said this bike was refurbished, but what did they do? Tear the engine apart, loosen up all the bolts, and then over-tighten one? I don't get it. I'm not trying to be a jerk. This bike has been good to me, but I feel like there is something messed up when all the head bolts are finger loose. I don't know. I'll pay what it takes to fix it, but I'm not happy about this. You know, I love my bike, but this is not cool.

Also the exhaust bolts were laughingly loose.

EDIT: it now occurs to me that I broke that bolt because my dumb azz turned it the wrong way. I feel like the worlds stupidest person..lefty loosy righty tighty. my gosh! however, the inside nuts..thats a different story.

Last edited by Zapkin; 10-14-2023 at 06:59 AM.