Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #451

I tried to adjust the clutch at the lever, but that pretty much did nothing. I froze to death, so that was about the extent of my project. Our heater went out and so until it is repaired, I need the space heaters in the house.

If I ever build a garage from scratch it will have a wood stove in it, old school style. It will be insulated, with a bike lift, a coffee bar and fridge for beer. Also, a closet for moto gear.

I girl can dream!

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
I tried to adjust the clutch at the lever, but that pretty much did nothing. I froze to death, so that was about the extent of my project. Our heater went out and so until it is repaired, I need the space heaters in the house.

If I ever build a garage from scratch it will have a wood stove in it, old school style. It will be insulated, with a bike lift, a coffee bar and fridge for beer. Also, a closet for moto gear.

I girl can dream!
It's nice to know that somewhere in frozen Upstate New York....there's a Mrs. 2LZ counterpart! ;-) Nice choice in shop amenities (especially the beer part)!

I'm hoping to get a shop built this 2017. The only difference will be is I'm going with a pellet stove. I got an old one for free from a friend and I wanted something I can extinguish when I walk out.

When you thaw, keep us posted on the clutch adjustment. Sounds like you need to undo some of what's at the lever and then take some up down below, then readjust the lever.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
It's nice to know that somewhere in frozen Upstate New York....there's a Mrs. 2LZ counterpart! ;-) Nice choice in shop amenities (especially the beer part)!
Yes, sounds like her and I would get along well. I usually work on my cars all the time. Bike maintenance is a new thing to me. When I bought my Harley I got it with extended warranty and service. So, they did everything for 7 years. Then the last year it all fell on my plate. Since 2014 I've been learning.

I've done a clutch adjustment on my Harley, so when I finally looked at the RX3 I saw there wasn't much of a difference. At least with the bottom adjustment. I don't have a lever adjustment on the HD.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 01-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

I'm hoping to get a shop built this 2017. The only difference will be is I'm going with a pellet stove. I got an old one for free from a friend and I wanted something I can extinguish when I walk out.

When you thaw, keep us posted on the clutch adjustment. Sounds like you need to undo some of what's at the lever and then take some up down below, then readjust the lever.
Shop 2017, oh boy I smell a thread! Visions of cement trucks and hanging steel.

http://www.muellerinc.com/
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
2LZ shamed me into putting my RX3 back together:

2LZ, I agree about the table lift. I finally purchased one about 3 years ago...should have done so much sooner.

jb
Looking at your OCS drain hose, how in Earth do you have the OCS mounted???

Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #456

Comfortable feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post

I girl can dream!
Rania, if you are having a garage built from scratch I suggest considering having the concrete in the floor piped for radiant heat. It doesn't need to have it's own heat source, it can be geothermal or use waste heat from the house heating system. Even if the floor only gets to 55 in the Winter, all that will rise to the bikes, car, and tool box.

Also for your consideration, 2lz.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Looking at your OCS drain hose, how in Earth do you have the OCS mounted???
Jay, you know I can't help myself.....more messin' about.

jb

Old 01-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #458

Quote:
2LZ shamed me into putting my RX3 back together:
Looking great, JB! Don't forget the counter sprocket guard! And I can't wait to hear your thoughts about the new tire.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #459

Now that is nice work...Would you mind details..a how-to? Ill respect your privacy on the matter if you'd like to keep it to yourself.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
Now that is nice work...Would you mind details..a how-to? Ill respect your privacy on the matter if you'd like to keep it to yourself.
A "How-to" on what part? I have some photos of the maintenance I can post, but probably not enough for step by step.

I thought that was CSC's job.

I take the photos for reference, since my memory is not that great...but am quite willing to share what I have.

jb

Old 01-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Looking great, JB! Don't forget the counter sprocket guard! And I can't wait to hear your thoughts about the new tire.
on the sprocket cover and chain guard.

rt, I have the exact same size Shinko 705 tire on my DR650.

It is mainly a road tire with mild dirt road capability. On the DR and RX3, I ride 95% on road.

I've been pleased with the 705 on the DR. It generally gets good reviews,
except for the one mentioned in the other tire thread. I have not experienced any problems with the tire.

However, because of the height difference, I may go back to the stock CST tire. I don't have any complaints against the stock CST tire, only wanted to try the 705 on the RX3

.....and "705" is the house number in my address....that's a good reason, isn't it?

jb

Old 01-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #462

haha...on the clear catch "can" .. nice work

Old 01-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #463

Hello and thank you for the kind words! Though a motorcycle in the garage, and utilities decided that my garage is a place for piles of snow, but I still got LED light bulb and purchased a new rear tire, at the rate of 80% asphalt and 20% ground.

Bought on aliexpress. Price 12$.

Rubber Mitas E-08. the price is 84$ for the rear 130/80-17.

Well, a little bit about the weather in Moscow. -40 is the same in Celsius and in Fahrenheit. Нumidity 70%

Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #464

Quote:
Jay, you know I can't help myself.....more messin' about.

jb
Ok jb. Kick down. Where'd you procure that fine catch can? I need two......

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #465

Well, a little bit about the weather in Moscow. -40 is the same in Celsius and in Fahrenheit. Нumidity 70%
[/QUOTE]

I admit, i had to look that one up. I am a pretty bright guy, but I swear I had no idea that at -40, Celsius and farenheit coincide and are the same...or even how that formula works. I'd rather visit Moscow in the summer, thank you!