Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2023, 11:43 PM   #1

xf200 chain slider?

I replaced the chain on my xf200, but I noticed the chain slider on the swingarm by the front sprocket had worn down to the point it was grinding away at the bolt head. Anyone know of a suitable replacement from another name brand bike?

Old 07-03-2023, 12:23 AM   #2

The XF and XP are Suzuki based bikes. The frames are pretty much identical to the DR200SE. Check a Suzuki parts website and compare the part with yours.

Edit - Here's a diagram of a swing arm from a 2000, DR200SE.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/su...r-swinging-arm

Does this look like yours? If so, you might be able to make one out of stuff you have laying around. Do a search for diy chain slider for some ideas.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 07-03-2023, 08:48 AM   #3

If you can't find a suitable replacement you can sometimes make one from a piece of serpentine belt from a car.

Old 07-03-2023, 02:00 PM   #4

How about from a mudflap. lol.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:27 PM   #5

I removed the "chainguide" on my Templar. I consider it to be just a noisemaker. The main purpose is to prevent branches from getting caught into the chain/sprocket connection.

The chain gaurd on my Storm is SWEET... just a flange aiming down on the outside of the swingarm, with NO cross chain separate bolted on component. It actually works without having the additional wear/noise parts of a complete chainguide.

If you keep your chain adjusted (this is a nearly daily check!), the chain will be quieter and work right. I think I will mount my chain guide without the cross chain part back onto the Templar. Quiet and works OK. Bashan was right.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:46 PM   #6

I know some things are close to the DR200 but much is not from what I can tell. Initially I thought it was multi-piece, but after seeing the DR200 diagram and looking at my bike again it does look very similar. The Qlink part seems like plastic but the Suzuki part looks like rubber. Probably the better material for the job.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks guys.

Old 07-08-2023, 12:23 AM   #7

Thumbs Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsBrews View Post
I know some things are close to the DR200 but much is not from what I can tell. Initially I thought it was multi-piece, but after seeing the DR200 diagram and looking at my bike again it does look very similar. The Qlink part seems like plastic but the Suzuki part looks like rubber. Probably the better material for the job.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks guys.
That chain must have been loose! Mine still has the original chain slider and almost 30k miles. I used to buy most of my xp/xf parts on Taobao but that has gotten more difficult over the last few years, at least for this model. The good news is that SSR has gotten better about parts for this bike I would ask an SSR dealership. The swing arm on the on the 200 and 250 would be the same.

Last edited by dh; 07-09-2023 at 07:31 AM.

Old 07-09-2023, 07:42 AM   #8

Have you checked to see if you have what SSR refers to as a "chain block" on the underside of your swingarm? It is a block of white Teflon type material bolted to the underside of the swingarm for some extra protection. I noticed mine had fallen off at one point. Before I found the replacement part (made a post about it all) I made a temporary replacement using scrap from an old cutting board.

Old 07-09-2023, 06:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
That chain must have been loose! Mine still has the original chain slider and almost 30k miles. I used to buy most of my xp/xf parts on Taobao but that has gotten more difficult over the last few years, at least for this model. The good news is that SSR has gotten better about parts for this bike I would ask an SSR dealership. The swing arm on the on the 200 and 250 would be the same.
I bought this thing used back in 2013 and did a bunch of mods back then. It pretty much sat for the past 7 years so I forgot alot of the details. I was pretty good about checking and adjusting slack on all my bikes. Every once in a while I'll reach down when stopped and give the chain a wag. However I'm used to street bikes and less dirt style bikes . IMO it seems like the bolt head is pretty tall so it didn't have to get down very far to start eating into the head.