Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2023, 02:05 PM   #1

Rear rack for Qlink XF200 (and others?)

I searched around quite a bit for an XF200 rack, but they seem to be unobtanium... Especially now 10+years later. I couldn't find any concrete info on what else would fit either.

I took a chance on a rack made for a Yamaha xt250 since the mounting looked very similar. Figured it would need some light modification or at least fab different brackets. To my surprise it appears to be a direct bolt on with the brackets and hardware that comes with the kit!

Sofar I just have it on finger tight with the bodywork off. The flat side mounts on the rack just need to flex inward about 1/4" per side, but that might be normal even on the Yamaha. I'll need to do some cutting on the side panel bodywork to clear the forward mounts. The upper fender body piece should clear fine under it but I don't know 100% for sure yet. Should fit the same on any bike that had the same rear end/grab rails.

Going to be out for a few days, but once I get back I'll work on it some more and update.

Note: The xt225 appears to have similar but different mount locations (lower down) so I doubt a rack from that would fit properly. I saw folks over at mychinamoto claiming they would modify them to fit, but the pics are long dead so IDK.

Last edited by DrewsBrews; 06-21-2023 at 11:37 PM.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:11 PM   #2

That is AWESOME! Nice China Riders score! That was my biggest complaint on my XP200. Those worthless handles.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-09-2023, 06:38 PM   #3

Finally got the other stuff done back there so I could get it all buttoned up. Ended up modifying and hard mounting one of the Harbor Freight 3800 boxes. I did add some washers as an extra spacer to the rear mounts. But that is it for extra hardware. Just had to cut access in the side panels for the forward mounts.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:18 PM   #4

This is a great find! There is an oem rack available for this model from SSR, but the one you found looks much nicer. Like 2LZ mentioned, those handles were worthless.

Old 07-11-2023, 02:46 PM   #5

Great contribution! And that 3800 box from HF is big enough to be useful without being ginormous.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself