Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2023, 12:12 PM   #1

2022 ssr xf250 carburetor problems

I just recently purchased a 2022 ssr xf250 and the carburetor is really bad the book says it's a 26mm but when I look it up to buy a new one it says that size is for smaller CC's. Can anybody please send me a link or something to show me what size carv they put on there ssr 250. I know I could get a rejet kit but think I just wanna stick a new one on. If you can not tell I know nothing about carbs thanks

Old 04-25-2023, 12:58 PM   #2

I would assume the book is right. My carb for my hawk said it was for like a 125/150 CC engine.
These Chinese engines are not equivalent to a Japanese engine, in pretty much anyway lol.

Just look at the power output, a Chinese "250" (Actually a 229) in a hawk has about half the power a Japanese 250 CC in a CRF has.

I could be wrong, I'm not a carb expert either, I just experienced the same thing when looking up a carb for my hawk. (Carbs that fit say they are for a smaller engine)

Old 04-25-2023, 01:15 PM   #3

Yeah your right bout the power thing,I know I've seen somewhere on this forum somebody has put up there link to the carburetor they bought for there SSR xf250 just can not remember where I saw it exactly

Old 04-25-2023, 08:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuki Bro View Post
Yeah your right bout the power thing,I know I've seen somewhere on this forum somebody has put up there link to the carburetor they bought for there SSR xf250 just can not remember where I saw it exactly
There's a "search" feature up on the top of the page next to "new posts" and "quick links".

https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...250+Carburetor

There were a bunch of hits, might have to search for a while, but this thread had some info on the bike

Old 04-25-2023, 08:48 PM   #5

Found this as well
- Member 'dh' is our resident expert on the XF...pm him is my suggestion

Could be old info, it's from August, hopefully he's still active?

Old 04-26-2023, 08:54 AM   #6

Thanks for the help, did some research and got a nibbi 28mm and air filter to get rid of that airbox, I figured hey it can't run any worse lol

Old 01-30-2024, 12:28 PM   #7

Did this work out for you? Did you notice an increase in hp?

I have a 2021 xf250 and am looking to do the same mod.

Any info or resources on removing the evap box?

Thanks

Old 02-27-2024, 11:13 PM   #8

I've seen a couple threads with concerns about this carb and thought I might chime in. First, it's nice to see other xf250 owners around!

The Tekei MV30 carb is nearly identical to what came on the Yamaha TW200 (MV26?) for many many years, definitely not a POS.

The CV carb relies on vacuum pressure, and it takes a moment for vacuum pressure to build up once when you give it throttle. So it's not super responsive, but it can adapt to altitude and temperature changes and it's pretty reliable. I used to run mine from sea level up to around 7,000 feet without major issues. A jet kit is/was available on Amazon. Back to the vacuum thing... If the bike sits for extended periods it will run like garbage if pressure or moisture are allowed to build up in the vacuum system. The fix is usually to ride it! (To blow out whatever nastiness is trapped in vacuum lines, diaphragm, or evap system). I still have the original Tekei on my 2013!

Last edited by dh; 02-27-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR_Guy View Post
Did this work out for you? Did you notice an increase in hp?

I have a 2021 xf250 and am looking to do the same mod.

Any info or resources on removing the evap box?

Thanks
If you are talking about the black/round evap canister under the seat, leave it be. That is tied to the Vacuum system the CV carb needs.

You can remove the air box if you want, and add a cone style air filter and crank case filter. Changing jets may be necessary if you do this. I did this mainly because the stock air box was warped and liked to pop off the carburetor. Otherwise I might have left it as is.