Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #16

I know this is long delayed, but is this a brand new bike? The break in period is important. I was also quite underwhelmed with the power on this bike initially, but it did wake up a bit around the 2-3k mile mark.

If broken in, I would start with exhaust and jetting.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:39 PM   #17

yes

Old 07-06-2022, 03:39 PM   #18

Cool to see this. The SSR XF250 was actually what led me here, when looking for what was available around me for my first motorcycle I noticed a few dealers seemed to have hundreds of these, looked them up, thought "oh no that's a bike from China...", and within 4hrs I had found this forum and fully committed on buying my TT250.

How do these SSR's stack up to the Hawk and/or TT? Just curious.

Old 08-06-2022, 10:07 PM   #19

Old 08-06-2022, 10:19 PM   #20

I’m not sure my previous post went through so I’ll try to repost from my computer

Old 08-06-2022, 10:20 PM   #21

wooo didn’t expect this post to get any more attention.
Hmm well I’m at or just past 5000 miles, with the same upgrades and modifications and it is still running strong. I have done some tinkering and adjusting ie: valves because I try to push this to higher rpm’s, sprocket changes (I have 13t-16t front sprockets)I honestly think the 14t front sprocket is the sweet spot for power to gearing ratio which is still capable of 80+ mph with 220lbs rider, jetting I still kinda play with because I do not have a genuine Keihin carburetor and FYI I’m about to order a couple of 1979 Honda cm400t intake manifolds or intake pipes which also share the same bolt spacing and with a 34mm inner diameter and 43mm spigot to fit a larger carburetor than stock.
The trail tech is great I have no complaints other than what dst is for lol I could read the manual but it’s not why I got it . I accidentally put too much oil in and had to change clutch cover gasket my mistake.
Ported the cylinder head: intake to somewhat match the carb diameter 33mm (with stock intake ported), and the exhaust port cleaned and polished a little.
Exhaust header had excessive weld on the inside so I had to grind it to match the exhaust port.
I got tired of the tail fender and got an Amazon special rear taillight for about 30 or 40 bucks.
I plan to make an updated video soon and please forgive me for not responding and jumping on the forum often I get soo busy sometimes it’s like tunnel vision everything around is a blur.
Cheers

Old 08-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #22

Ok so you’ll see in the pics the intakes are just very slightly different, if you remove the o ring from the oem intake and lay it on the cm400t flat to flat you’ll see that one hole just barely matches up and the other side will need to be filed(or you can file both bolt holes but you’ll have to port match the intake to cylinder head my preferred route). Once you do this you’ll be able to fit a Keihin 33mm carburetor with ease, the inner diameter of intake mani. is the same give or take .5mm. You’ll then be able to use a flanged bolt which is better than the Philips head screw such a pain. I had the longer flange side bolted to the lower hole so the carb will sit a tiny bit lower, also the cm400t intake will push the carb to the rear by about 6-8mm. Hope this helps, I’ll try to get a video up soon.

Tags
carburetor, exhaust, ssr, xf250