Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #16

Funny how some say the stock seat is bad?!
I found for the Chinese bikes and my wife agrees the RX3 seat is amazing and comfy no issues and I am 1.90 meter so near 6 ft 4

I have been playing with the RX3S seat - photo is the low seat and there is a high seat as well - but I think I will abandon the project due to some complexities and lack of interest

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #17

NZ, the neat thing about the one-piece seat is that (theoretically) a person should be able to release the entire thing with the key on the side???

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
NZ, the neat thing about the one-piece seat is that (theoretically) a person should be able to release the entire thing with the key on the side???
Yes it will comply come off using only the key, also you could pack up the foam and recover to gain some height - things are possible but not so simple and requires a bunch of time etc.

I see the need to cut n move the solenoid bracket, maybe fuse box bracket and I see the need to run an extension for 2 lots of the wire connectors as well as trimming seat base and maybe a few bolts with dome heads rather then hex heads.

I might carry on with this a bit later to just see if and how it all works out, just now I don't feel so motivated to struggle with it and I don't know anyone with a welder etc.