Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #16

you are going to have bend those exhaust to get them to work on a bike a bit and for the sprocket yes you can get a smaller tooth for it. i also put a link for the exhaust i have on my vader.

https://www.steadygarage.com/store/p...cket-428-chain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-Mount-Ex...cAAOSw~XpZOq2X

Old 07-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #17

Charging issues

I used the the suggestion of changing the headlights but when I was in there I found a bad ground from the turn signal the shrink wrap was blocking the connection. Problem solved I get a steady 14.5 volts to battery before I only got 11.9 to 12.3v I am going to swap the bulbs again and see if it was the bulbs or the ground I thought it was the ground.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susuk600 View Post
I used the the suggestion of changing the headlights but when I was in there I found a bad ground from the turn signal the shrink wrap was blocking the connection. Problem solved I get a steady 14.5 volts to battery before I only got 11.9 to 12.3v I am going to swap the bulbs again and see if it was the bulbs or the ground I thought it was the ground.
Great first post, thanks Susuk600!

A lot of people are having a similar issue with their "Grom Clone" and this will help them out

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by martim View Post
Makes an insane amount of noise anyways. I am leaning towards the Yoshi RS-2 or RS-9. Do you think I'll have an issue installing either on a Vader or a Venom?

Have you heard of someone replacing the back sprocket on these to a 30?
If your gonna spend big bucks on an exhaust system do your homework, and even then you ma end up with something you don't like. I pissed away $130 for the AR Racing exhaust, I won't make that mistake twice. As for changing the rear sprocket, I wouldn't bother. Your gonna see a more dramatic change in performance by changing the front sprocket, which is cheaper and easier to swap out. Changing the front sprocket takes about 5 minutes, changing the rear will take about 45 minutes if you include realigning the chain.
2000 Moto Guzzi California V11, resting in pieces

The cage: 1998 BMW Z3, 1.9L w/full Dinan engine upgrades

Old 07-26-2017, 09:03 PM   #20

Update to charging issue

I rechecked the charging system I put the halogen bulbs back in turned the bike on I was already down to 11.7 volts bike started voltage 11.9 at idle when reving the motor 12.3. I put the led bulbs back voltage was over 12 and after warming up the voltage was 14.5 steady on idle when reving went down to 14.2 then back to 14.5 on idle. So definately change the headlights to led they were like 8 bucks. I also put a 15t front sprocket it improved performance 1st gear 15 mph 2nd gear 25 mph 3rd gear I can get up to 40 then 4th gear wide open I get 48 it's not getting enough gas. So I have to work on carb , intake and exhaust . I also have to tell you I'm over 200 pounds downhill I hit 54. As long as I solved the electrical problem I am a lot happier with the bike. I almost changed stator , voltage regulator and cdi.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #21

Thanks...I was talking to Jake about this, but worth asking you as well:

If I change the 14t front sprocket to a 17t front sprocket, I will increase the top end, right?
If I do the above and decrease the back sprocket from its current 38t to say a 31t, it should increase the top end speed even more, right?

What about if I do the 17t up front and go from a 38t to say, a 40t?

Thanks,

Old 07-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #22

I have a 30 day return on the RS-2 exhaust...if it's a no-go, I return it and move on with my life. Thing is, I have seen so much shit and information about all kinds of exhaust, my head is fried. Don't know what to pick anymore. I was between the dual-exhaust and the RS-9, but the dual exhaust is too loud and too much for such small bike and I lost interest in the RS-9 because it came up from the tail and I was trying to open up that area as much as possible. Then I found the RS-2..

Old 07-27-2017, 05:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Thanks...I was talking to Jake about this, but worth asking you as well:

If I change the 14t front sprocket to a 17t front sprocket, I will increase the top end, right?
If I do the above and decrease the back sprocket from its current 38t to say a 31t, it should increase the top end speed even more, right?

What about if I do the 17t up front and go from a 38t to say, a 40t?

Thanks,
You'll increase top end up to the point where the bike's rear wheel horsepower, and aerodynamic drag prevent the bike from going any faster. My best top speed is a gps verified 64mph on a level straight with no headwind. The bike won't go any faster than that, even if I put a 100 tooth sprocket on the front. I've tried both 16t and 17t front sprockets and I stuck with the 17t because I can run at top speed with a lower engine rpm.

Changing sprockets.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #24

thanks for the insight..if you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I am 6'0, 177 LBS and stock, i've hit 65 MPH redlining.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #25

Quote:
thanks for the insight..if you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I am 6'0, 177 LBS and stock, i've hit 65 MPH redlining.
5'7"@183lbs, I was at 200lbs before I bought the bike and I decided to lose some weight before buying it because shedding pounds off the ride, or rider is the cheapest way to improve performance. Also, don't believe your speedo it'll probably be 5-7mph optimistic, which also makes the odometer incorrect. My speedo is 5mph off, and the odo is off by 9%. Anywho, regarding the exhaust, I suggest a cheap muffler with a repackable core. You can experiment with different packing materials and tune it to sound however you want. I have a $40 Emgo Dunstall on my Breva that I've packed with #2 and #4 steel wool. I packed the little monster's muffler with leftover exhaust wrap, 1/4" hardware cloth and capped it with a db killer from my aprilia. It sounds way better than the AR Racing exhaust and it didn't cost me anything.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #26

We will see if this exhaust is even installable (Yoshi.) I ordered it today. Ultimately, want to move onto a Grom, and if the mechanic can bend it the first go around with this bike, he can probably do it again when I get a Grom later down the road.

I also ordered a new Gold chain (428 110,) a 17T sprocket and a Mikuni carb.

I will provide photos. Thanks to you guys for your help. Will keep you posted.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #27

Doh! Gas Tank

I need to replace the Gas tank on this thing...(another issue I have had with this bike, among many.)

Does anyone know where I can get one? Or maybe measurements or any kind of info?

Thanks,

Old 10-03-2017, 01:00 AM   #28

Send a message via ICQ to J-May
Why would you need to replace the gas tank? It's an extremely small tank to begin with. Maybe try taking it off or try out a tank from a pit bike. No clue how you'd get a gas tank for this that would function and look normal and not oddly out of place. Good luck!

Old 10-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-May View Post
Why would you need to replace the gas tank? It's an extremely small tank to begin with. Maybe try taking it off or try out a tank from a pit bike. No clue how you'd get a gas tank for this that would function and look normal and not oddly out of place. Good luck!
I agree dont know why a new tank would be needed unless somehow they have laid the bike down causeing some sort of puncture to it

Old 10-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #30

the mechanic says the gas tank float level indicator (I don't know what that is) is broken / no longer attached to the original welding. The bike leaks gas when it is on its kick stand...when I move it upright, to remove the kickstand and sit on it, is when it leaks a bunch more. Over a few days, it just completely leaks out all the gas...he says it isn't a hole or it isn't punctured. I have photos of the gas tank if anyone wants to take a look and let me know if maybe they know where I can get a new one. The tanks I have seen online have different screw openings, etc, etc. I have had NO luck with this bike...it's been one problem after another. I've had this bike since May and every other week, there is a new issue..absolute nightmare.