Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 01:06 AM   #16

Did another 50ish mile trip on the hawk today. Hit a side road down the Clinch River and followed that gravel road for about ten miles. There were several cabins and campers along here. It was a nice looking place. Some of the cabins were older and were grown up. One of them I recalled staying in as a kid with my family. We were about to go to bed when my mom pulled the blanket back on the bed and found a snake. She is deathly afraid of snakes so we left. Seeing again brought back some memories of that for sure. I turned left onto another gravel road that ran between the mountains and came out into a valley. This road was paved and barely big enough for two cars. Some nice farm land and beautiful meadows.

Also ran into another issue with the bike later on in the day. It seems like I may be needing to go over a few things to prevent further issues. Tonight on the way back home, The bike missed a few times and I reached down under the seat to make sure the choke was down. It almost stalled on me when I put my hand under there. So, I get home and place my hand back there when it's running. It stalls. I start it back up and touch the same wire cluster and it stalled again. Pulled off the side plastic and saw that some of the wires were rubbing the frame. One looked like it had just a tiny bit of wire showing under the insulation. Wrapped it with a bit of electrical tape and started the bike back up, touched the same area again several times, and no stall. My thought process is to strip down the plastics, seat, headlight, and tank to go over all my harness and make sure nothing else is rubbing the frame and getting worn. I know there are several spots that others have had issues with. Might as well tackle it before it becomes a problem.

hw5 by 64bit2011, on Flickr

hw6 by 64bit2011, on Flickr

hw7 by 64bit2011, on Flickr

hw8 by 64bit2011, on Flickr

hw1 by 64bit2011, on Flickr

hw2 by 64bit2011, on Flickr

hw9 by 64bit2011, on Flickr
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*