Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #1

Irate Anyone know the mechanical side of Linhai?

I've got a Linhai 400cc bighorn 28. Some days I will go out to crank it but it won't start. Some days it will crank and run fine for a while, die then won't restart. And other days it will run fine all day.
When it won't run I'm not getting spark at end of plug wire. I assume its either CDI or ignition coil. Is there anyway to test the CDI? I'm testing the coil by checking continuity between the power posts. Us there suppose to be continuity between posts and plug wire?

Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #2

Welcome!

The best way to check a CDI is by trying another CDI. Most China CDI's are cheap and plentiful, and they are prone to failure. My guess is that the coil is fine.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #3

I have determined the CDI is bad. After it ran a while and went dead I tried to restart. It would not start. I took CDI off and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Reinstalled CDI and it started and ran for 20 minutes or so then died again. I then repeated the process just to confirm. The CDI is around $70 so I just didn't want to go buying parts until I figured out the problem.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #4

I wonder if it is available at taobao.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #5

Excellent troubleshooting! It's cool (no pun intended) that the freezer trick created repeatability.

I was thinking the same thing about Taobao, but you'd need more detailed model info, like on the VIN tag.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #6

What is taobao?

Old 09-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #7

Use Google Chrome and go to www.taobao.com . It's much like the "buy it now" option on eBay, where there are no auctions. It's a site in China that allows sellers to reach buyers directly.

You have to use a thrid party agent, and I can recommend www.tbtrends.com . You open a free account at tbtrends, open an order form and paste the URL of whatever you find at taobao. Super easy and cheap.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #8

http://218.90.218.6/upload/2012-12/2...854.xls‎ "180MQ 6.3" which suggests for this family ONLY.
Some chinese webpages suggest that engine using TCI (like those little suzuki rec / battery / coil MUST in "good" order) system. http://www.sportdevices.com/ignition/ignition.htm What's the ohm reading from ur test?
---
Use the "programmable" to ceate ur own curve IF don't like the stock from dealer. UTV/ Pure dirt's curve is different from the street version.