Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2021, 10:17 AM   #1

BASHAN BROZZ VS Lifan XPECT

The Orion RXB 250L is (was) certainly my first choice, but I can't find them in stock and really am not very patient. I am going with the Brozz (I think). Though I will be off of pavement more than on, I don't plan to be on hard hitting trails, and am too old for jumping, etc. Quite honestly, the Brozz appears much more comfortable. My last dual sport was a KLR600 (1984 -5 model) that I owned around age 25/30 (10 to 15 years ago)which weighed about 4700LBS (maybe 5K). Other than that bike, my experience was generally with old Yamaha bikes from the 70s (100 and 360 models specifically) with the last Yamaha bike being an RT180 (probably my favorite of all of them due to super light weight). I am very fortunate to live within 5 minutes of a popular ORV park in MO and am only about a 40 minute ride from a large National Forest area with tons of gravel roads, a few creeks, rivers and lakes, along with multiple trails. Great exploring (and for me, reminiscing). I thought that I was completely sold on the Brozz, but the more reviews I have read on the Xpect created a desire to ask this group their opinion of those two bikes specifically (but feel free to offer others that perhaps I don't know about). I like the thought of the balanced engine and overall slightly higher end parts and fit/finish of these two compared to some of the other CB's. Obviously the EFI is a nicety (I am not opposed to maintaining a carb, but ... EFI is appealing). I am still leaning Brozz, but want other opinions about things that I may not be considering, but should. Lastly, I am very grateful to have found this forum and have learned a lot about these bikes. It's hard for me to believe that I was considering a KLX230 or CRF250L as early as a week ago, having given no thought to a Chinese made bike. While on a buy sale trade site, I saw a relatively local dealership advertising a Bashan Storm... It intrigued me and I am glad that it did...

Old 02-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #2

I've been considering China vs. Japan for about a year. The KLX230 was at the top of my list, but it is over 5K out the door new. Not much of a used market here in NJ for dual sports, so that's not an option. The gas here messes up the carb in my ATV every 6 months. Yes, I drain the carb and have tried many additives. I'm very happy with my Apollo pit bike, so I'm 98% going with a Lifan Xpect, but still shopping. The KLX and CRF come in 300cc now... decisions, decisions. LOL

Old 02-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #3

I posted in another thread but will mention here as well.. when i was looking, i also considered the Lifan EFI and Hawk DLX EFI models.. the EFI option was very tempting and my last few street bikes were all EFI Japanese makes and they ran flawlessly.. with that being said, one of them, a Honda Fury, i chose to modify with a spike intake (air pod) and aftermarket exhaust but there were ECU options available in the form of a piggy-back fuel control and later as an ECU tune. Without the fuel control options the performance add-ons would add no performance and probably it would run worse as the stock ECU tune would not be able to adjust for the new air flow or fuel requirements.
With that being said, if you have no plans to increase the performance of the EFI bike and live with stock power, then you are golden, but if you do want to increase performance via air intake, exhaust, port/polish, timing key, cam etc, then the carb mode bikes are the better option, at least until someone comes out with a tune that they sell for these bikes. Hope that helps

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 02-26-2021, 08:18 PM   #4

After a lot of reading and watching reviews and inboxing folks from this site, I hit the order button on the Tan Bashan Brozz today. Super ready to get it in.