Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGoKarts View Post
Hi 2LZ,

You bet! We've been adding CARB models as they become available. So far, our CARB certified models include:

1. All Tao ATVs except 250cc models.

2. All Tao Dirt Bikes.

3. All Tao and TrailMaster GoKarts.

4. These Scooters - http://www.familygokarts.com/shop/50...=CARB+Approved

5. These Side x Sides - http://www.familygokarts.com/shop/ut...=CARB+Approved

Basically, all TaoTao vehicles are CARB Approved except for the 250cc models, including the Rhino. Since you mentioned that one specifically, I checked with our Tao rep to make sure, and she verified that the Rhino is NOT CARB Approved. All other Tao units are.

I've also asked our Coolster rep to verify the Coolster 150, but haven't heard back yet.

As more models become CARB certified, we're trying to get that information added in the product specs.
Thanks for the response Brad and thanks for working on this! We CA folks have many more stumbling blocks than others...but the upside is I can't buy anything here that can't be registered...and the dealer has to do the registering. Takes a lot of worry out of it for the consumer, even though our buying options are far fewer. I'm not sure if out-of-state dealers such as yourself needs to do the DMV paperwork but I know that in-state dealers do. Have you had this experience with CA folks before?

It may just be the Rhino's that you have available but I bought a Rhino from SPS in So Cal last year that was CARB Green Stickered.

I see that your Coolster 150 with "free shipping" is about the same price (within 50.00) as PSM's Coolster quad, with 239.95 shipping, so price is close. If I do make a move on a quad, it will be one of those for Mrs. 2LZ. I need to make room in the rolling stock first, especially since I may be acquiring another bike this weekend.

Thanks for keeping us posted on all of this.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #17

My order from Familygokarts.com made it to the UPS Freight Hub in North Augusta this morning (about 30 miles from me). They called to schedule delivery, but said that where I lived was late in the drivers route so expect it from 2 to 4 pm tomorrow (12-14-16). Since my Son's school bus arrives at 3pm, I asked the lady if I could just come down and get it today. She said that was no problem. SO I jumped in the truck and went and got it. It arrived in great condition, so far as I can tell. I'll get to putting it together in the morning. All in all a VERY smooth WORRY FREE buying experience with Family go Karts. I WOULD NOT hesitate in the future to place another order with them. FAST SHIPPING, FRIENDLY SERVICE, AND FANTASTIC COMMUNICATION!!

Old 12-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #18

That's great. Now you need to finish the 1st project lol. Looks like the Brozz will set a little longer than expected.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
That's great. Now you need to finish the 1st project lol. Looks like the Brozz will set a little longer than expected.
Yeah I guess it looks that way huh? OR, I have 10 days to get little mans buggy together

Old 12-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Yeah I guess it looks that way huh? OR, I have 10 days to get little mans buggy together
You can knock this one out quick in a few hours. Lock tite the bolts, change the oil, gas it up and run.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #21

I got little mans new Tao 110 all together and running great. I did have a bit of an issue though upon assembly it wouldn't turn right barely at all. It would have taken a 40 acre field to do a complete circle. So after examining the issue it seemed who ever made the plate that is welded to the bottom of the steering shaft did not take enough off of one side before it would hit the steering stop. This plate also is where the inner tie rod ends connect. No bid deal, I just had to disassemble the steering parts and remove some material to match the other side. Reassembled every thing and made sure the front tires were lined up and its good to go now. These are the kinds of things that would turn alot of people off. But, when you buy a quad for under 600 bucks brand new shipped to your door, ya gotta be a little handy with a wrench, torch, welder, grinder, OH and BEER!!

Old 12-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #22

That's going to be one happy little man. Those are minor issue considering the price you pay for them. It's basically a DIY project if you think about it. More like a kit. Now get back to the Brozz now that you got that one done.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #23

How old is your little one? We're thinking of getting that quad for our nephew as something he can grow in to.
That has the remote for killing it if they get out of control? It has a throttle governor also, doesn't it?

I was looking at this one.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/C...boulder-b1.htm

I cringe though that the shipping is 260.00 though. I think I'll have my neighbor pick it up in LA next time he goes and buy him some beer instead.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #24

Hey letsride,

Really sorry about the steering issue, but it sounds like you came up with the perfect solution. It sounds like that might have been a defect in the part, but also the manufacturers tend to engineer these little quads with a big turning radius for safety reasons. We've had comments on various vehicles that they don't turn sharp enough. My son has a Tao T-Force that feels like it turns really wide, but he doesn't notice so I haven't bothered to try to correct it. I've seen some folks modify the linkage to get the radius they want; especially on gokarts.

Glad to hear you got it worked out, and hope the little guy has a big time on his new ride! Again, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything in future.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-14-2016, 05:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
How old is your little one? We're thinking of getting that quad for our nephew as something he can grow in to.
That has the remote for killing it if they get out of control? It has a throttle governor also, doesn't it?

I was looking at this one.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/C...boulder-b1.htm

I cringe though that the shipping is 260.00 though. I think I'll have my neighbor pick it up in LA next time he goes and buy him some beer instead.
He is 5. That quad in your link is the same one as this one. The Boulder. And yes it does have the throttle limiting screw, and it also has that remote kill key fob. I started the quad and walked at least 100 yards away from it and one push of the button immediately killed the engine. Awesome little feature.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGoKarts View Post
Hey letsride,

Really sorry about the steering issue, but it sounds like you came up with the perfect solution. It sounds like that might have been a defect in the part, but also the manufacturers tend to engineer these little quads with a big turning radius for safety reasons. We've had comments on various vehicles that they don't turn sharp enough. My son has a Tao T-Force that feels like it turns really wide, but he doesn't notice so I haven't bothered to try to correct it. I've seen some folks modify the linkage to get the radius they want; especially on gokarts.

Glad to hear you got it worked out, and hope the little guy has a big time on his new ride! Again, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything in future.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Good point. The quad seemed to turn left fine but no room to turn right. No biggie. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. They are great little machines. And those engines are tough as nails. My Dad has one at his place that looks just like this one except for the rear rack. I think he bought it in 2008 or so (I know its been a long time) for the grand kids to ride when they come over, and it is still going with nothing but minor up keep. Thank You again for a great buying experience. I hope this review sends you guys some more business. Keep up the GREAT work Family go karts!!!!!
Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-14-2016, 05:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Thanks for the response Brad and thanks for working on this! We CA folks have many more stumbling blocks than others...but the upside is I can't buy anything here that can't be registered...and the dealer has to do the registering. Takes a lot of worry out of it for the consumer, even though our buying options are far fewer. I'm not sure if out-of-state dealers such as yourself needs to do the DMV paperwork but I know that in-state dealers do. Have you had this experience with CA folks before?

It may just be the Rhino's that you have available but I bought a Rhino from SPS in So Cal last year that was CARB Green Stickered.

I see that your Coolster 150 with "free shipping" is about the same price (within 50.00) as PSM's Coolster quad, with 239.95 shipping, so price is close. If I do make a move on a quad, it will be one of those for Mrs. 2LZ. I need to make room in the rolling stock first, especially since I may be acquiring another bike this weekend.

Thanks for keeping us posted on all of this.
2LZ,

We provide a notarized Title/MSO and Bill of Sale which the customer takes to their local DMV for registering. The process is the same for all states, including CA. Not sure if in-state dealers are required to do the registration in-house, but we never have.

Heard back from the Coolster rep, and he claims all of their models are now CARB compliant.

And just an FYI, we usually have no problems matching prices. Just let the sales staff know where you're comparison shopping and they'll take care of the rest.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #28

My friend is a motorsports distributor/retailer in California and he tells me they have to register any products they sell retail to California residents. Also, charge sales tax. They HAVE to do both or they jeopardize their retail (maybe wholesale??) license.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
I got little mans new Tao 110 all together and running great. I did have a bit of an issue though upon assembly it wouldn't turn right barely at all. It would have taken a 40 acre field to do a complete circle. So after examining the issue it seemed who ever made the plate that is welded to the bottom of the steering shaft did not take enough off of one side before it would hit the steering stop. This plate also is where the inner tie rod ends connect. No bid deal, I just had to disassemble the steering parts and remove some material to match the other side. Reassembled every thing and made sure the front tires were lined up and its good to go now. These are the kinds of things that would turn alot of people off. But, when you buy a quad for under 600 bucks brand new shipped to your door, ya gotta be a little handy with a wrench, torch, welder, grinder, OH and BEER!!
Thats part of the fun of buying a kit.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:45 AM   #30

I could tell by speaking direct with Jeff Backer that this
company is legit. I placed a Tao DB17 on layaway a few
days ago. I was originally going to order from TXMotorsports, but got a price match at F.G.K.
Might have to get this thing here sooner than later.
We got some snow here and I was gonna wait til spring...
..... I had a good feeling dealing with these guys.