Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #1

Progression Review of Familygokarts.com

Hey Ya'll,
So I decided to order my little man a TaoTao Boulder 400XR in Spider Blue from Familygokarts.com. This is a review of the retailer as it progresses. I have to say that so far I'm impressed with how the order process is with these guys. Ok now the order process with them is lengthy, there is no adding it to your cart and checkout and done, but its all for good reason IMO. Let me explain. You do the normal adding the item quanity to your cart and yada yada. But the checkout page has plenty of options and that I liked. But particularly liked the direct link to pay and checkout through PayPal. After your payment is authorized through paypal you come back to family go karts site to continue on with your address, billing address, choosing any safety equipment to add to the order, and extra service plans. At the end of the checkout process you have to read and agree to a release of liability before your order goes any further. After you submit your order you will be sent an email confirmation with instructions to CALL the company to verify your order or it will be put on hold. Then I received a text to call another nice lady to go over Shipping (FREE SHIPPING, Home delivery is an extra 20 bucks, then there is a 9 dollar fuel surcharge added). During this phone call she explained EVERYTHING about the shipping process (They only ship UPS Freight). Right down to checking the shipment and documenting damage on the Shipping DOC before signing for it. She also explained how the carton may have some dings but doesn't necessarily mean the product inside is damaged and for me not to refuse it . As in if any damages incurred, parts will be replaced. But small scratches, etc will not. I'm ok with that. She also STRESSED that I change the oil IMMEDIATELY before starting . Then the emails roll in. I got one email containing links to videos for assembly, Battery information, changing the oil, starting up the ATV, Adjusting idle speed, Remote feature, and How to accept shipment. Then I got another email containing 45 safety tips for parents. So far I'm REALLY impressed with how much effort this company puts into order accuracy, and keeping the customer informed. They say they have been in business for 26 years. I will update this as it progresses, right up until I start the wee thing.