Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #46

Finally was able to take mine out yesterday after the rains abated and I had re-routed the tube. I did not experience any stalling after 5 miles so I think I am good. I am noticing that that during cruising (non acceleration), I am noticing an uneveness to the engine.

I wouldn't call it hesitation, it runs fine, but its as though the fuel is not being delivered in an even manner. Could be the gas or air/fuel mixture. It accelerates fine and I can easily power through the uneveness, but it's not an ideal cruising experience.

I may take it to a shop just to get a professional's opinion. At least it is running and the kinks are being worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
I was having this problem yesterday. I could hear the tank squealing like a pig after even the quickest of rides. When I pulled the tank cover off the breather hose was pinched pretty bad. Took it on a 10 mi ride after and it had stopped/ running smoothly.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #47

So I think the bike is running really well. Took it out over the weekend and it ran great. Really glad to work through all the issues. Thanks for everybody's help!

Old 05-03-2017, 12:42 AM   #48

Could you take pictures of the final setup you have? Also what jet size? How many turns out for idle screw? Turns for air/fuel mix? I installed mine but when I started it, it sounded like it was WOT and now won't start again. Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #49

I posted a picture of my setup earlier in the thread.

I am using a 125 main jet. Idle screw is factory, you will need to adapt yours.

I also adjusted the retainer clip on my Needle Jet to sit on the lowest rung, increasing the fuel mixture in the mid range.

Air / Fuel mixture is 2.5 turns out from bottom.

===========

I would get a can of starter fluid.

Close the plunger. Take off the air cleaner.

Squirt starter fluid for a second or two into the carb.

Make sure you're in neutral and then turn your throttle an 1/8" so there is a little gas and then start the ignition. (assuming you have a strong battery).

That is how I figured that my throttle cable had too much slack.

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAmaral007 View Post
Could you take pictures of the final setup you have? Also what jet size? How many turns out for idle screw? Turns for air/fuel mix? I installed mine but when I started it, it sounded like it was WOT and now won't start again. Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags
boom vader, mikuni carb, upgrade