Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
I'd still like to know the reason for the motor transplant in the first place!
It's hard to know how much of Mr. Jackson's travails are due to inexperience from him, incompetence from the mechanics, or product failure.
In case anyone is wondering, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I merely find the entire scenario very difficult to understand. I appreciate your concerns. However, based upon 6 years of personal experience with Zongshen products, I am not worried myself. Nevertheless, I do suggest you send a personal message to Mr. Jackson, and see if he replies. Perhaps if he engages you in several messages, he can explain matters better; I hope this is the case.

I can not recall hearing of any new Chinese motor which needed to be replaced, let alone a Zongshen motor. All Zongshen motors are thoroughly tested at the factory before they are installed in the motocycle. If Mr. Jackson's mechanics were so inept to install a replacement engine without connecting the crankcase vent hose, I wonder what else they might have neglected when assembling the bike. I am not trying to be unkind, but I also wonder about Mr. Jackson's maintenance schedule.

It's also possible Mr. Jackson got a bad engine. Even the Japanese and Europeans produce an occasional lemon. I encourage you to keep digging for the truth.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #92

Quote:
I can't find the link to that- It was mentioned in the comments in one of the Honley Venturer reviews and can't find it again. Here is the dealer that imports the RX3 as a Honley:

http://www.earnshaws.bike/

http://www.honley.bike/

I've inquired about a manual....
Thanks for inquiring about the service manual. The British don't speak American English, but at least they speak English.

I'm just kidding!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thanks for inquiring about the service manual. The British don't speak American English, but at least they speak English.

I'm just kidding!

Here's the reply from Earnshaws if someone else would like a manual prior to their RX3. delivery:

Hi jim, I have a workshop manual 18 mb that I can send if you like.
Regards
Jason
sales@earnshaws.net

Old 11-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #94

Quote:
In case anyone is wondering, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I merely find the entire scenario very difficult to understand. I appreciate your concerns. However, based upon 6 years of personal experience with Zongshen products, I am not worried myself. Nevertheless, I do suggest you send a personal message to Mr. Jackson, and see if he replies. Perhaps if he engages you in several messages, he can explain matters better; I hope this is the case.

I can not recall hearing of any new Chinese motor which needed to be replaced, let alone a Zongshen motor. All Zongshen motors are thoroughly tested at the factory before they are installed in the motocycle. If Mr. Jackson's mechanics were so inept to install a replacement engine without connecting the crankcase vent hose, I wonder what else they might have neglected when assembling the bike. I am not trying to be unkind, but I also wonder about Mr. Jackson's maintenance schedule.

It's also possible Mr. Jackson got a bad engine. Even the Japanese and Europeans produce an occasional lemon. I encourage you to keep digging for the truth.
I haven't felt slighted. I do apologize if I seem like a worry-wort, but I came here to learn more about the Zong Shen. I don't have the benefit of your years of experience, Spud, and I confess I'm not thoroughly convinced of the bike yet..

The bike is a bargain, but it's still a lot of money to me, and to buy it I'll have to part with my trusty KLR250, which has given me 0 problems and takes a lot of abuse. I wouldn't even consider it except I like the Zong, I could do with something a little more road-oriented, and I'm ready for electric start- my old knee can't take too much more kicking!

If I'm thinking out loud here on the forum that's just a peccadillo of mine. Don't feel you have to answer all my mental meanderings.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #95

Quote:
Here's the reply from Earnshaws if someone else would like a manual prior to their RX3. delivery:

Hi jim, I have a workshop manual 18 mb that I can send if you like.
Regards
Jason
sales@earnshaws.net
How much is he charging for the service manual?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #96

Quote:
I haven't felt slighted. I do apologize if I seem like a worry-wort, but I came here to learn more about the Zong Shen. I don't have the benefit of your years of experience, Spud, and I confess I'm not thoroughly convinced of the bike yet..

The bike is a bargain, but it's still a lot of money to me, and to buy it I'll have to part with my trusty KLR250, which has given me 0 problems and takes a lot of abuse. I wouldn't even consider it except I like the Zong, I could do with something a little more road-oriented, and I'm ready for electric start- my old knee can't take too much more kicking!

If I'm thinking out loud here on the forum that's just a peccadillo of mine. Don't feel you have to answer all my mental meanderings.
There is no need to apologize; I appreciate your situation. We are very glad you joined us, and we appreciate your input.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #97

Quote:
How much is he charging for the service manual?
He hasn't gotten back to me yet...

Old 11-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #98

Quote:

I'm just kidding!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer