Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndad View Post
Hey Weld,

I just pulled the cover and the front sprocket has 12 teeth.

I heard that you can't put synthetic in these because it'll make the clutch too slippery?

Increasing the front sprocket size sounds like a perfect idea, I was just lamenting to my wife that I wished 1st was super low and 2nd was more like 1st, and so on - it is obvious that this bike is geared a bit more for speed (why?) and less for trails. I also agree with the other review on this forum that the jump from 1st to second is too much.

Can you recommend a place to get a bigger front sprocket online? I have to order pretty much everything in up here, there is a great small engine mechanic here who has tons of chinese tav experience, I'll ask him too.

jb
Guys, where do I start here? I literally just got a junked 200 beast running after trading a 40oz of Whiskey for it, wanted to read some other reviews and found this thread. OK, Northerndad, you were posting how you kept stalling the Beast and that it was geared for speed not for trails, how you wished it had a super low 1st...... Then for the love of Pete DO NOT increase the size of the front Sprocket! I'll tell you thats doing the opposite of gearing it down. By increasing the size of the engine sprocket it will take FEWER engine revs to go through a set number of links on the chain. The sprocket you want to increase is the REAR sprocket so that the engine will need to complete more revs to turn the rear axle. thus gearing the quad down. I ride motorcycles and play with sprocket changes for either track days or highway cruising. If you want a fast bike you get a relatively Big front sprocket and a small rear, if you want a bike that accelerates but isnt that fast you get a Smaller front sprocket and a Bigger rear. Many riders going to track days often go F-1,R+2 teeth for their sprockets for the extra accelration. Stunt riders go something like F-2, R+4 which brings the front wheel off the ground like it wasn't there. I really doubt that you're gonna find the sprockets your looking for anyway since looking for many parts I didnt see any geared sprockets for these ATVs. One thing you CAN do to give the Beast more low end is get a smaller diameter rear tire...... the previous beast 200 used a 18X9.5x8 tire the limited uses a 10" rim now and a bigger rear tire. I'm guessing its the exact same gear ratio so a limited 200 will be faster than an older beat 200 simply by the tire diameter..

Last edited by Weldangrind; 10-20-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #17

Chinese sprockets....

http://www.buyatvsonline.com/chinese...c-400_387.html

Old 10-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #18

linky no worky

Old 10-19-2014, 12:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboynextdoor View Post
linky no worky
Weird, works for me. Try this one. Copy and paste if it does not work.

http://www.buyatvsonline.com/

You will have to find the sprocket listing. They have front and back.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:45 AM   #20

Both links worked for me.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-19-2014, 03:40 AM   #21

I still can't get either link to work with my PC or my phone, no firewall or fancy antivirus in my house either. Anyway I hope the links work for the OP and I hope he reads my previous post and takes it as good advise on sprocket sizes.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #22

Quote:
OK, Northerndad, you were posting how you kept stalling the Beast and that it was geared for speed not for trails, how you wished it had a super low 1st...... Then for the love of Pete DO NOT increase the size of the front Sprocket! I'll tell you thats doing the opposite of gearing it down. By increasing the size of the engine sprocket it will take FEWER engine revs to go through a set number of links on the chain. The sprocket you want to increase is the REAR sprocket so that the engine will need to complete more revs to turn the rear axle. thus gearing the quad down.
You're right. I simply made a mistake. I'm aware that increasing the front sprocket size will increase top end speed and decrease low end power.

This thread is three years old, and you're not likely to get responses from the OP.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #23

You're right too, I didn't even look at how old this thread was.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #24

While Im busting out three year old threads.. Anyone know how the cooling fan on a beast 200 decides to activate? The one on mine seems to just be there for looks although it is wired into the harness.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #25

The fan has simply failed. It's designed to run when the ignition is on, but it's useless.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 AM   #26

beast fan

it is good top have it running all the time to help cool it down.. if you really wanted to you could put a switch on it and I would have a light come on to tell me when it was off.... you might want to turn it off if it was cool out .. not really need then.. I do nto think it takes much power to turn it

Old 10-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #27

Quote:
You're right too, I didn't even look at how old this thread was.
No problem. I only mentioned it because Northerndad hasn't posted on this forum for a long time.

I edited my earlier post about sprocket size. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.