Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #46

What size bolts did you put in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Finally got some time to work on this. Sorry I didn't take as many pics as I shouldve. The grom bolts were bigger than the crappy little one Jiangsu used. So, I drilled out the hole to accept the bigger bolt. Yes it was a pita.
I can see why they use the smaller bolt though. The weld from the swingarm bushing area doesn't give much space for wide (shoulder) bolt or nut. In fact you can't even get the bolt/nut in there with the swingarm on.

I used my jack to slightly get it out of the way enough to get my nut on. I used a hobby knife to trim the chain rubber a bit, just to make sure it didn't bind.

Again sorry I didn't take more pics. Here's my nice big bolt installed after alot of smack talking,...

Much more 'solid' feel to the bike. Buzzier in the foot pegs as well. What's next,....

Old 08-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #47

Whatever comes stock on the grom. The package didn't have the size on it, just the Honda part #. I'll post a comparison pic,....

Last edited by cbrfxr67; 08-27-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:12 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Whatever comes stock on the from. The package didn't have the size on it, just the Honda part #. I'll post a comparison pic,....
Oh you put in Oem grom bolts. Ya they are not the right size. 10mm

I still have my shock mounting bolts in, they have been ok i just put lock tight on them. I have replacements 8mm bolt for them but waiting to see if/till the stock break first.

I also have Oem Grom bolts here as i bough them first then found out they don't fit.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #49

What bolts didnyou.end up with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Oh you put in Oem grom bolts. Ya they are not the right size. 10mm

I still have my shock mounting bolts in, they have been ok i just put lock tight on them. I have replacements 8mm bolt for them but waiting to see if/till the stock break first.

I also have Oem Grom bolts here as i bough them first then found out they don't fit.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Bolt, Flange (8mmX140)
and
Bolt, Flange (8mmX110)
These are the engine bolts needed?

Old 09-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #51

I've been riding and that's about it lately. Did have a run in with a lady's bumper a couple weeks back. Been meaning to post but keep forgetting:

Was filtering through traffic and the left hand lane was wide open to the light while the right lane was packed. Putt putting my way up to the light, I should have seen this coming, a lady decides she wants my lane. Bumper meet hip and knee armor. 'Hi, nice to meet you' Craaack! Luckily it was one of those soft flexy bumpers. Maybe it was a lexus, not sure.

I held onto the bike and kind of laid up on her hood, then rolled back down and realized I could keep my balance. Heavy swerve left, then right and I kept going. I guess I really didnt think about it at the time. I split to the front and bailed as soon as I got the green light.

My knee armor really did save my leg from getting squished between the bike and the car. My hip was a tiny sore but all n all I was grateful to Jesus that it wasn't worse. Bike was ok. Nothing at all to remember the incident,...

Lesson is, if you're ever next to a packed lane of cars, and your lane is open, be extra cautious of them wanting your space to zip to the front!

Old 09-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #52

Everyone rags on me for wearing my MX elbow guards and shin/knee guards on street rides but i do it anyways, I learned a long time ago how much damage they can prevent ,and todays cage drivers are worse than ever, what with the cell phone talking, texting, watching movies while driving.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #53

Yea, I don't care either. I always wear my elbow and knee guards if I'm going somewhere. Too much can go wrong too easily and I'd rather keep my knee, elbow, skin etc

Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #54

Update,... . . not much new. Been riding about everyday back n forth to work. Got caught in second rain downpour yesterday and Vader ran just as well. Stock tires are a little slippery in heavy rain. Other than that, not much changed. Still great little bike and lane splitting wonder!

Old 10-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #55

Update,.... lately I've been having trouble with second gear. Either it won't go into second or coming down from third it'll skip right into neutral. Really annoying and in Houston traffic, dangerous. It isn't every time, maybe 4 out of ten times shifting. I'm at 542 miles and counting. Will change the oil and see if it helps. I'd adjusted my clutch a few weeks back and shifting was really good. Annoying to start having issues,....

Old 10-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #56

Lol I hear you on the Houston traffic issue. That's why I stay around my side of town. I don't want to take mine anywhere near a feeder or highway.

For your clutch issue... Check the cable. Make sure it hasn't stretched out for whatever reason. Also if you open up the engine, check the clutch basket assembly thing. On the Honda Groms, people upgrade the springs to say the Hayabusa springs and stuff like that. Maybe something wore out or is busted.

When you change the oil, check for any metal particles/stuff in the oil.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #57

Adjusted my clutch lever and seemed to help. Still every now and then the same thing,...annoying.

My tail light about fell off this morning. I heard some rattling and it's just kind of hanging in the tail fairing. Locktite and lockwashers are your friends on these bikes for sure!

wlfpck, maybe with a 190cc swap but no freeway for me either lol. I think the typical Houston 5 oclock traffic isn't too bad, because everybody is stopped! I lane split most of my ride home.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #58

waiting at the gym this morning and took a pic :P

Old 10-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #59

Went to leave this morning and gas gauge was blinking at me. I could hear gas swishing around in tank and I knew I could make it to the gas station but it wouldn't fire up.
Starter turned it over and over and I know the carbs had gas in them but it wasn't happening, like no fire. Anybody else experienced this?
I don't see why they'd make you have a no start condition if the gas gauge showed too low. Lame,....rode bicycle to work

watch ill go home and kill switch'll be on

Old 10-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #60

I was just gonna say " check the kill switch" lol.
2020 Orion RXB250L