Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2023, 10:35 AM   #721

My newest toy is a 2019 Can-Am Ryker 600. It only has 3,010 miles on it so it is like new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2023-10-06-18-24-47-364.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	30201  

Old 10-24-2023, 06:23 PM   #722

I have a flat rear tire on my DF. Luckily it went flat in the shop and not out on the road.
Took the wheel off and air is coming out around the tire valve. Hope it is not a spoke-caused hole but didn't look any farther.

Old 10-25-2023, 06:52 AM   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
My newest toy is a 2019 Can-Am Ryker 600. It only has 3,010 miles on it so it is like new.
This has to be a fun ride. Looks great and basically new!

Old 10-25-2023, 06:54 AM   #724

Quote:
I have a flat rear tire on my DF. Luckily it went flat in the shop and not out on the road.
Took the wheel off and air is coming out around the tire valve. Hope it is not a spoke-caused hole but didn't look any farther.
Sorry to hear about the tire. And please report back about if the spoke was the culprit. If I remember reading correctly, didn’t you have a wheel/spoke issue with your first DF250 RTG?

Last edited by Dadbike26; 10-25-2023 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Old 10-25-2023, 06:56 AM   #725

Quote:
I run regular gasoline in my DF and she is running just fine. She does not have a high compression engine.
Thanks I’ll start with the regular gas.

Old 10-25-2023, 07:01 AM   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
Honestly -- it'll probably run better and get better mileage with regular. Higher-octane merely delays ignition until later in the compression stroke eliminating knocking in high-compression engines. In the case of these engines, that's not as efficient. Lower-octane fuels are what they call for... AND cheaper.
Thank you I had no idea.

Old 10-25-2023, 07:17 AM   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoResource95 View Post
My white DF250RTG
Current modifications: Bars, grips, mirrors, digital speedo, seat, blinkers

Speedo still needs to be programmed and I need to figure out a mount. Any suggestions on universal mounts for the gauge cluster? I was thinking one of these might work?

If anyone is interested in the stock parts I deleted let me know. I don't plan to use the bars, mirrors, or seat for anything. Located in Pensacola FL

Any updates on your modifications? How do you like the clubman bars? Are or those clip ons? Are they killer on the back? Were they difficult to install? Grips come off easy? Also Is the seat any better than stock?

I have clubman bars and grips that I’m waiting to install during the winter months. Figure I won’t ride as much and will have time for this project.

Last edited by Dadbike26; 10-25-2023 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Additional info

Old 10-25-2023, 12:36 PM   #728

Also does the new handle bar position kill your back? Does it feel more stable at all?

Old 10-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadbike26 View Post
Sorry to hear about the tire. And please report back about if the spoke was the culprit. If I remember reading correctly, didn’t you have a wheel/spoke issue with your first DF250 RTG?
Yep,I had that problem with my first DF. Had to have the spokes replaced on the rear wheel.
I am going to take it to the guy who did that work as soon as our driveway paving is finished.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:39 PM   #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadbike26 View Post
I took the wheel to my local shop in Robbinsville NC to have him check it. He could not find a leak in the tube however when checking the pressure in the tube when it was back on the wheel when he put it together it is still leaking.?????

I took the wheel home and gave it a shot of Fix A Flat and it is not leaking. Put it on the DF and it is not leaking.

I am now back in Fort Myers FL for the winter and if it leaks I will put a new tube in it. Luckily there is no issue with the spokes causing damage to the tube!

Old 12-30-2023, 12:07 PM   #731

Crankcase Vent hose

Ok so ive learned the hard way dont block off the crankcase vent tube when installing the Nibbi setup ok. Lol just got the engine back together thought it was blowed lol!!!

Old 02-05-2024, 02:40 PM   #732

Been gone from this forum for a while. All is well with the DF and my other scooters/motorcycles, knock on wood.
My new toy for the grandkids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2024-02-03-15-27-27-516 (1).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	30773  

Old 02-06-2024, 10:52 PM   #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsouth82 View Post
Ok so ive learned the hard way dont block off the crankcase vent tube when installing the Nibbi setup ok. Lol just got the engine back together thought it was blowed lol!!!
What is the Nibbi set up? I tend to leave my bike unmodified nowadays. If it ain't broke then I won't fix it!

Old 02-07-2024, 04:57 PM   #734

Very Past Due Update & Question on Mods

I posted in this thread a while back about my new lil' dude getting stolen - was working to get it running again after the ignition was ripped out...

Long story short - I acquired an old '84 Honda Shadow and was having a grand old time with that and then (as it seems is my luck) a tree fell on it in my yard after a storm... so I went back to my DF250RTG.

Replaced my fuse, battery, gas etc and finally rewired a replacement ignition, had to adjust and clean my carb too, but FINALLY got her running again

There's a question in here I promise ha.

I'm making some slight mods to fix / update some cosmetic stuff since it was stolen and dropped, I'm ordering a new shifter (hate the heel shift) and I'm trying to get some new footpeg rubbers ordered.

Can't for the life of me figure out where to find a decent replacement for what's on the bike, I was looking for brand new pegs initially, but my dumba** didn't realize the set up made it kinda hard to put any fitting on there without replacing the whole mechanism (which I don't want to do right now after all the fiddling I've already had to do to). Anyone have any recs for some decent footpeg rubber covers to replace my torn one?

Thanks a bunch!

-- Jess

Old 02-08-2024, 08:17 AM   #735

eBay, search for "Honda CB125 footpegs". You'll find plenty...