Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #1

Grin Just bought a Hawk 250

Hi everyone, Red Beard here and new owner of a used Hawk 250. Bought a 2016 Hawk 250 off someone today and have some things I need to do like lower it since I'm short and replace the battery. I purchased a new battery for $29 (yay for rewards points), a new rear adjustable shock that's 280MM so I can lower it and I am considering either shaving the seat foam to make the seat thinner or buying a new seat. Bike does run but it needs a lot of kick starts to get running because the battery is pretty much done, the seller added red LED strip lighting to the inside of the front plastic panels, after market exhaust, digital cluster, a red chain guard and an RK o-ring chain. I'm super excited about spring arriving so I can take it out and have some fun. Does anyone know any other ways to lower the bike or make it easier for a 5 foot 5 guy like myself to ride? I know the factory seat height is 35 inches, I'm hoping to bring it down 2-3 inches so that I will be comfortable while stopped at a light or taking a rest on the trails. for the wealth of knowledge this forum offers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hawk3.jpg (93.9 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg hawk4.jpg (94.5 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg hawk5.jpg (96.7 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg hawk1.jpg (96.1 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg hawk2.jpg (93.0 KB, 307 views)

Old 02-11-2018, 07:49 AM   #2

Welcome and have fun! I'd buy a new seat over shaving the foam- it'll look amateur. I just got a Bashan Enforcer and I'm on tiptoe at 5-8. I bet the new shock and lowering the front forks will do it

Old 02-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #3

looks like some good improvements. welcome!

Old 02-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #4

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

The easiest way to take 2 inches off the static seat height is to either shave down the stock seat, or buy the Seat Concepts seat for the TT250, which is designed to lower the seat height 2 inches and bolts right on to the Hawk.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #5

Thanks guys, I ordered the seat concepts seat for the TT250. I think the bike will come down to just under 30 inches and I should be comfortable enough to ride. I'm also going to pick up an NGK spark plug since the one in the motor right now is the factory plug. :-)

Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #6

Congrats on the new bike and welcome aboard. Looks like whoever had it before was lurking around Chinariders with all the mods done on the bike. Looks good.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-28-2018, 04:17 PM   #7

adjustable shock

I am hoping to lower mine. What specific shock did you get and a good height? I am planning to change mine . also ordered the tt250 seat.
Thanks.
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadividedsky View Post
Hi everyone, Red Beard here and new owner of a used Hawk 250. Bought a 2016 Hawk 250 off someone today and have some things I need to do like lower it since I'm short and replace the battery. I purchased a new battery for $29 (yay for rewards points), a new rear adjustable shock that's 280MM so I can lower it and I am considering either shaving the seat foam to make the seat thinner or buying a new seat. Bike does run but it needs a lot of kick starts to get running because the battery is pretty much done, the seller added red LED strip lighting to the inside of the front plastic panels, after market exhaust, digital cluster, a red chain guard and an RK o-ring chain. I'm super excited about spring arriving so I can take it out and have some fun. Does anyone know any other ways to lower the bike or make it easier for a 5 foot 5 guy like myself to ride? I know the factory seat height is 35 inches, I'm hoping to bring it down 2-3 inches so that I will be comfortable while stopped at a light or taking a rest on the trails. for the wealth of knowledge this forum offers.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciddha View Post
I am hoping to lower mine. What specific shock did you get and a good height? I am planning to change mine . also ordered the tt250 seat.
Thanks.
gg
Honestly, I would install that seat first and see how you fit. With the Hawk being so narrow, you might be surprised how much of a difference a 2 inch lower seat can make in regards to your feet touching or not. Lowering by reducing shock length can also reduce suspension travel and alter the way the bike feels and handles.

Unless you are exceptionally vertically challenged, like 5'6 or shorter.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124