Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #1

clicking noise

Help i have this click when i push down on the front of the Zong. You can also hear it going slow on bumps i mean real slow it almost sounds like a hollow click could the spring inside the fork or forks be making this noise? That where it sounds like it is coming from is that possible? Had it off the ground can't find any play in anything

Old 05-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #2

Clicking is a common sign of misadjusted or broken steering head bearings. Do you still get this if you lock the front brake and try to push the bike forward and backward without bouncing the suspension?

Old 05-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #3

no noise when i lock the brake and push back and fourth unless i push it hard enough to compress suspension i will have to wait till i can get someone to push down while my ear is down by the forks it sounds like it is coming from there

Old 05-08-2019, 05:38 PM   #4

Another thing to try is to put the bike on a center stand or otherwise get weight off the front, and try moving the front wheel forward and back. There should be no looseness.

How many miles on the bike?

Old 05-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #5

had it off the ground push pulled on everything all tight no play has just shy of 9000 miles going to do a complete check on sat. The whole work thing gets in the way

Old 05-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
The whole work thing gets in the way
Someone should pay us to ride. We deserve it.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Someone should pay us to ride. We deserve it.
Yes I agree.... Rather than giving hundreds of billions of dollars away in foreign assistance/aid I believe its high time that money be repurposed to a cause that is truly in need.....us the underprivileged riders of America. Think of the benefit to all mankind just by the smiles we would have on our faces as we motored our way to happiness rather than working and putting up with dickhead coworkers We of the URA could spread joy from sea to shining sea...well except for California... The CARB gestapo will have road blocks up with checkpoints weeding out all those spawn of Satan non- compliant bikes leaving more room on the highways for billy bobs in their diesel pickups belching out black clouds of ick.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-08-2019, 08:36 PM   #8

When you have the front off the ground you are loading the top steering bearning.
You need to lift it and pull n push against the steering by the wheel to see if it is the bearings at the triple tree

Old 05-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #9

One other thing that might cause clicking noises, is a "loose" caliper or brake pads.
Not "loose" as in "not adjusted properly", but "loose" as in "it has a certain amount of free play in the bushings that is perfectly fine but still clicks". If you move it by hand you'll know what I mean. When rolling over small bumps I sometimes can hear mine clicking; but not if I'm braking, then it grips to the disc and makes no sound.

Regards
Juanro

Old 05-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
One other thing that might cause clicking noises, is a "loose" caliper or brake pads.
Not "loose" as in "not adjusted properly", but "loose" as in "it has a certain amount of free play in the bushings that is perfectly fine but still clicks". If you move it by hand you'll know what I mean. When rolling over small bumps I sometimes can hear mine clicking; but not if I'm braking, then it grips to the disc and makes no sound.

Regards
Juanro
thinking that might be it the sound is down low will update on sat. thanks