Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #1

Swapping out RX3 Handlebar?

Sadly, my RX3 box must have been dropped or fallen over enroute.
This fact was not very detectable upon delivery, but CSC has been really good about swapping out damaged parts......

I have to swap out the handlebar (it got bent on one side), and was just wondering......has anyone done this? I don't see any resources devoted to this online, and no mention in the manual. Any advice/best practices?

Thanks in advance!!
AMA Member

Old 05-06-2019, 01:49 AM   #2

Simply apply the mind and start to remove parts, 1 tip to remove throttle its easier to have bar of the triple clamp and move it left so cable doesn't play games

Old 05-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #3

I've always found it easiest to loosen all tidbit hardware BEFORE loosening clamps on triples. THEN remove clamps from triples and no tools required to remove hardware from tidbits on bars. Best to lay old bars across rags on tank, new bars on rags on gauges, remove tidbits from one end of old bars and slide into approximate position on new bars, then do other end tidbits, then triple clamps, then adjust to preferences and tighten. With a little patience and thought the job can usually be done without unhooking wires or cables on most bikes.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:00 AM   #4

Very helpful tips @NzBrakelathes and @sqwert - will attack the problem this weekend and report back!
Thanks!
AMA Member

Old 05-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #5

While you're putting it all back, look at the ergonomics of it all. For me, I wanted the bars forward and controls down. I ended up pulling the locating pins for the control boxes on both sides so I could swing the levers and controls farther than intended. Much more comfortable.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:32 PM   #6

Thanks to everyone here for their great advice! I finally (full time+ job doesn't help) got the handlebars swapped out, and obviously sqwert, NzBrakelathes and calvarez have done this once or twice. Like was advised here, loosen everything before attacking the triple clamps, get everything off one side of the handlebar onto the other laying on a towel on the gas tank, then you can just get the other sides stuff shimmied off. Locating holes for the tidbits help.........tweaked ergonomics a bit a'la calvarez.....now I just need to get the throttle play and idle set right again.

I'm having a lot of fun with the bike, and I hardly have taken it riding yet! Thanks again for all the great advice. I now see the advantages of having a "backup bike" in the stable, so one can be undergoing projects/maintenance. At least that is the story I have given the management (my wife), and I am sticking with it!

Happy riding!
AMA Member