Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
Yeah, this is what my plan was when I stripped out the screw on the master cylinder. Still haven't dealt with this yet, but it's -4 outside right now in the middle of the day and I think this is about the warmest it's going to be for the next week - so I figure I've got some more time to straighten it out .
When I lived in a Freezerville I kept my motorcycles in the living room. That's what real riders do.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
When I lived in a Freezerville I kept my motorcycles in the living room. That's what real riders do.
I actually have my bikes in a heated garage. There's plenty of space and warmth to work on them. I just can't ride them.

It was -13 when I got up this morning, and they don't plow or salt the streets here so in addition to the cold temperatures, there's a nice sheet of ice and snow that has built up on all of the roads. They will put down some sand at the intersections, but otherwise we're on our own out here. Apparently for four months out of the year, this isn't a motorcycle friendly place. The rest of the year though it's great.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #33

Quote:
I actually have my bikes in a heated garage. There's plenty of space and warmth to work on them. I just can't ride them.

It was -13 when I got up this morning, and they don't plow or salt the streets here so in addition to the cold temperatures, there's a nice sheet of ice and snow that has built up on all of the roads. They will put down some sand at the intersections, but otherwise we're on our own out here. Apparently for four months out of the year, this isn't a motorcycle friendly place. The rest of the year though it's great.
Mercy on you. I've lived in places where 4 months of tire chains were the norm. Most folks just rain studded tires. One or the other was required since the only paved road was the runway, and the planes had skis. You could get there by dog sled, too.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #34

The latest 18 March

Surprise! The master cylinder is toast, rusted solid. I suppose this wasn't that much of a surprise but sadly not as easy to fix as the rusted caliper.
It's no real shock that I'll need to get a new one. Ali express does free shipping, so its just a 20 day wait away.
I have resolved to systematically work my way through the bike, stripping, cleaning and lubricating to try to head off any more moisture related woes.
BTW the ignition switch was stripped by a local auto electrician and is now functioning properly again.
I wonder what's next? I really need a garage! none of this would have happened if the bike didn't have to stay in a damp, leaky wood shed.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #35

Back in business!

So the weather finally cleared up – it’s starting to get nice around here, and most of the snow has melted off of the roads. My son and I put the new master cylinder on today and bled the system. I went out for a ride and all is well with the RX3 again. I’m not sure how air got introduced into the system, but it seems to be gone now. I’m excited to have my bike back – am planning a trip tomorrow to celebrate.

Also – wanted to note. I wound up buying the master cylinder from Tako (NzBrakelathes). Shipping took a little while as expected (hey, it’s ground shipping from China), but Tako’s price was significantly cheaper than CSC’s. He was also great to work with – he handled his side of the transaction quickly and communicated well at key points including sending me a video of my parts before he boxed them up and shipped them out. I gotta say – normally, I would be leery about sending $$ via paypal to some guy in China I met on the Internet, but Tako is legit. I would trust him for future transactions no problem.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Back in business!

So the weather finally cleared up – it’s starting to get nice around here, and most of the snow has melted off of the roads. My son and I put the new master cylinder on today and bled the system. I went out for a ride and all is well with the RX3 again. I’m not sure how air got introduced into the system, but it seems to be gone now. I’m excited to have my bike back – am planning a trip tomorrow to celebrate.

Also – wanted to note. I wound up buying the master cylinder from Tako (NzBrakelathes). Shipping took a little while as expected (hey, it’s ground shipping from China), but Tako’s price was significantly cheaper than CSC’s. He was also great to work with – he handled his side of the transaction quickly and communicated well at key points including sending me a video of my parts before he boxed them up and shipped them out. I gotta say – normally, I would be leery about sending $$ via paypal to some guy in China I met on the Internet, but Tako is legit. I would trust him for future transactions no problem.
I think your package got caught up in the USA - delay maybe due to snow?
Typically it is 2 weeks up to 3 weeks give or take a day.
Best was 8 day worst was 25 days but average has been 15 days.

DHL is about 5-7 days but small cheaper stuff that are not urgent is an over kill

Europe is 6-10 days that in fact is the fastest locations I have sent too, Germany was just 6 days!

Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I think your package got caught up in the USA - delay maybe due to snow?
Typically it is 2 weeks up to 3 weeks give or take a day.
Yeah, well the same weather that slowed down any shipments also kept me off the road so it all worked out in the end. Honestly, even up to yesterday there was too much slush on the roads to safely ride around. I am pretty sure the package got here a week ago - I was thinking it showed up within the window you told me it would. I appreciate your help.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:34 PM   #38

Quote:

Yes, Tako is legit. Always strives to please, at significant savings. I've bought from Tako several times and always a great online shopping experience, something I usually avoid. As far as RX3 needs, Tako is my first choice. That good.