Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #16

Theres a guy on FB that can get you a zs190 with accessories for under $700

The compression on these horizontal engines are too high to get any real power from a turbo. The zs190 has a 11.0:1 ratio. Plus theyre air cooled. The engine isnt going to last.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
boost and nitrous do the same thing when you get down to it.... boost crams more air fuel mix to increase cylinder pressure, nitrous uses catalyst and fuel to do the same... one is easier on the engine, one is an instant hit that very easily breaks parts by the instantaneous stressors of it....LOL

that said, i have never considered nitrous for my bike... i may or may not have a VERY SMALL turbo sitting in my basement for a rainy day....LOL
It is all about the oxygen and fuel. Nitrous might work out better if you go light on it. Don't shoot for a 150 hp shot, settle for 1.5 hp. Methanol injection might work, although that works better for forced induction.

Turbos suck on bikes. There's nothing like being halfway through a turn, accelerating out of it when the turbo spools up and the non linear power kicks the back end out.

Old 08-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
It is all about the oxygen and fuel. Nitrous might work out better if you go light on it. Don't shoot for a 150 hp shot, settle for 1.5 hp. Methanol injection might work, although that works better for forced induction.

Turbos suck on bikes. There's nothing like being halfway through a turn, accelerating out of it when the turbo spools up and the non linear power kicks the back end out.
if its sized correctly theres no (or Very little) "spool"... the turbo i have probably wouldnt spool at all coming around a corner.... LOL it would take at least a 3rd gear pull to get it huffing good....LOL

Old 08-24-2020, 06:21 PM   #19

A buddy had an XN85 which he had just broken in. Nice bike, but it topped out at 128 mph. I know this as he disappeared in my VFR750's rear view mirrors starting at that speed. I had troubles not cracking 125 mph on that bike - it only took a few seconds to get there and it went so much faster. That Suzuki could not come close to keeping up on corners either as the turbo made it twitchy. I got to 47 mph on my Vader over the weekend - it was a far more intense experience than the VFR at 125. You guys trying to crack 60mph are nuts!

Old 08-24-2020, 09:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
A buddy had an XN85 which he had just broken in. Nice bike, but it topped out at 128 mph. I know this as he disappeared in my VFR750's rear view mirrors starting at that speed. I had troubles not cracking 125 mph on that bike - it only took a few seconds to get there and it went so much faster. That Suzuki could not come close to keeping up on corners either as the turbo made it twitchy. I got to 47 mph on my Vader over the weekend - it was a far more intense experience than the VFR at 125. You guys trying to crack 60mph are nuts!
Weird 47 is cruising speed on my vader. That's kinda the happy zone for these things.

Old 08-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Weird 47 is cruising speed on my vader. That's kinda the happy zone for these things.
I felt the same way about 125 on the VFR, only more relaxed. The Vader does 47 ok, it's just done with more tension. It's like 55 mph in an MG midget felt fast, while in a corvette it feels like you are parked.