Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews

Old 07-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #1

GoCruise Throttle Lock

Hey! I figure I should start reviewing stuff, so I'll start with this simple device that I've been using for quite a while now.

The GoCruise throttle lock is really easy to use and it works perfectly for me. Basically, you slip it over the throttle grip and tighten it down until there's friction. Then, when you're at speed, you use your index finger or off hand to push it forward until it contacts the brake lever. Once there, it'll hold the throttle at the same level until you roll off. Easy peasy!

I used to have a system like this one and it worked nicely, but it took up a lot of room on the handlebar. On my last bike (Honda NC700) there just wasn't enough real estate available, so I changed to the GoCruise. After having used both, I like the GoCruise one better because a) it's simpler b) it's smaller and c) I can switch it from bike to bike in about 15 seconds.

The GoCruise is made of machined aluminum and comes with a rubber band you slip over the grip to keep from chewing up the grip. It works with or without the rubber band in place, though. It's quite sturdy and I expect it to last basically forever. I'll buy another even if it does wear out, just because I like it!

If you're looking for a simple throttle lock type cruise control for your motorcycle or ATV with twist grip throttle, I wholeheartedly recommend this one!

Current: CSC TT250

Old 07-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #2

Thanks for the recommendation.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #3

That sort of thing can be helpful. Sometimes all a person needs is a minute to let go of the throttle and shake your hand to get comfort back.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
That sort of thing can be helpful. Sometimes all a person needs is a minute to let go of the throttle and shake your hand to get comfort back.
Exactly. My first longer ride was from Salt Lake, UT area to Winnemucca, NV for a total of something like 370 miles each way. There was a strong headwind and it was March, so it was cold and miserable on the trip out. While in Winnemucca, I bought the older style cruise control I mentioned and despite many of the same conditions on the way home, I was much happier. At the time, my bike didn't have a windshield so my arms and grip got really tired from holding on for dear life. Let's just say I learned a lot on that trip!

Current: CSC TT250