Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #1

venom could sell more if

they corrected their misleading max miles per hour claim on their website for most 125cc steeet bikes. here is a pic of my x22-s manual mentioning 75kmph and i knew before purchase it was more like 75 kilometers per hour max speed. Quality, their service, and correspondence have been excellent for me. i just think their mph claims are unrealistic for the 125cc street bikes and could sell more if they fixed the obvious claim. i will buy my next ones from there.Attachment 12414

Last edited by imapdog; 10-31-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:58 PM   #2

Thanks for the review for Venom! Its nice to hear a GOOD buying experience from the online retailers. I have venom on my FB and I knew from the get go that the 75mph claim is bogus. They really should correct that claim. They are setting themselves up for alot of flak from customers who don't know any better.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:07 PM   #3

I don’t understand what you are bitching about ,75 Km/h is 75 kilometres per hourwhich is what is shown in the book .The M stands for metres ,which has nothing to do with miles .

Old 03-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #4

the website pages for probably all their 125cc bikes say miles per hour and should say kilometers per hour. or they should convert to miles per hour. they are confused and post 75 miles per hour.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #5

Bruce's--Venom has shown 75 MPH on ads that appear here on Chinariders and those that appear on my Facebook. I figured (not even because they are HQ'd in Canada, LOL) that they REALLY meant KPH.

That being said--I have not heard anything bad about them (unless you count the above post's vents as an overall negative review), which in the world of Texas Manny, Superiorpowersports, Powersportsmax, Saferwholesale and ASPCA is a HUGE PLUS.

My only 'negative' is the variety of bikes they offer--I wish they would (could? because they sell to both Canada and the US and emissions would obviously come into play) sell full size enduros. Their bikes come from pretty much the same geographic location, the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to offer the Enforcer and the Storm (except for the Canadian market, I am guessing would be the 'stretch' assuming those bikes are not Canadian emissions compliant), and perhaps could have picked up the Brozz themselves. I think, based on numerous happy buyers here, they are the real deal as far as mail-order Chinese powersports go.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #6

Sounds like a legit complaint then ,carry on .

Old 03-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #7

Nothing new really. Top speeds are always exaggerated and speedo is guaranteed to read faster than you're going. I'm just glad to hear that you've had a good experience so far with them. Refreshing...... Aren't they in Canada???????

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Nothing new really. Top speeds are always exaggerated and speedo is guaranteed to read faster than you're going. I'm just glad to hear that you've had a good experience so far with them. Refreshing...... Aren't they in Canada???????
Aye they are in Canada Eh?
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 05-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #9

Top speed

I just got off the phone with Venom and the guy on the phone said there is a lot of misconceptions about the top speed of the x22 Ninja. He said when you first get the bike the top speed is around 50mph. He said though that after the first 1000 miles or so the top speed will be around 70 as it is then "loosened up" Anyone have anything to add? I find it hard to believe but decided to check with the masses, and how many miles do you get on your bikes?

Old 05-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #10

I would find 70 MPH quite the stretch for a 125cc bike. Otherwise, Venom seem to be a legit, honest mail-order company

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-30-2018, 06:05 PM   #11

I guess my answer to that question would be "there is 70mph, and then there is 70 mph"
Stock, out of the box with no changes at all, I seriously doubt it aside from on a long downhill with a gale force tail wind.

With an aftermarket carb ( properly tuned) a pipe , a front sprocket change,some really good gas on a flat with you in a full tuck, maybe , just maybe.But that's "hitting" 70 for a brief moment ,and isn't like cruising at 70 ,as in being able to sustain it for long (or even moderate) periods.

I assume it uses the same 125cc engine that the Vader does ,if that is the case and you just HAVE to go 70+ on it, your only realistic option is swapping in a Zs190 ,then you can actually cruise at 70 and top out in the 85mph area , but then it will no longer be a 125.
2020 Orion RXB250L