Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2023, 04:46 PM   #1

Update

Checked the piston from the spark plug hole. Dont see any visible wear on it. No pitting, no scoring, no oil in the compression chamber. Can the piston moving up and down with no issues, no scraping or anything. Still dont know where the grinding sound I heard before came from. Smell that comes out smells purely of gas, no oil. Dont have a specific tool to measure the actual compression itself, but a finger over the hole and kicking it I can feel a lot of pressure itself on my thumb. Whether or not its enough, I assume it would be enough from other 250s ive worked on. Guessing closer to 100psi. Gonna pull the motor and take off the jug and see if possibly a ring broke on the piston. Drained the oil, normal color no remnants of metal shavings at all. Tried starting fluid in the intake and nothing at all. Rechecked the spark and have a good spark, if anything a bit too much. Up until it broke down it was running extremely well. Any rpm range had zero issues/sputters. When I did break down, was able to downshift from 5th to second before it completely died. Always engine break when I stop, and didnt feel any different at all. Cant remember if I mentioned, had absolultely no throttle response. The kicker does still have some pressure to it (granted much easier than before). But not the point where one finger could push it down.

1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800 (bobbed out)
2021 Sur Ron Lightbee Supermoto (Heavily modified up to 40hp peak)