Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #16

It's a little tough to tell from the pics, but it looks like the intake tube might be backwards. I say that for two reasons:

1. There is an odd offset o-ring pattern on the paper gasket that you removed from the head.
2. There should be a paper gasket between the insulator and the carb, but not the insulator and the intake tube, nor between the intake tube and the head.

Are the new o-rings above the surface when sitting in the groove?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It's a little tough to tell from the pics, but it looks like the intake tube might be backwards. I say that for two reasons:

1. There is an odd offset o-ring pattern on the paper gasket that you removed from the head.
2. There should be a paper gasket between the insulator and the carb, but not the insulator and the intake tube, nor between the intake tube and the head.

Are the new o-rings above the surface when sitting in the groove?
from what i can tell the intake tube is the right way around simply because the insulator fits on the carb end perfectly and if i was to turn it around then there would be no o-ring on the head side of the intake....and yes the o-rings do sit above the surface when in the groove

Old 08-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #18

My friend i have the same issues with my 200cc watercooled huansong, its kinda stable now had to tack some wiring so the fan would turn on its idle for now with no filter, i have a thread here, we have the same body mines black though

Old 08-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #19

did you line up the barrel right,??? there is a long alignment slot... it goes away from the throttle adjusting screw... as the short stepped knotch goes to the throttle adjusting screw... if these are not aligned... then there will be a full throttle position... and it will SCREAM... the barrel should be in all the way... and if you look into the choke ( air inlet ) area... you will see that the barrel is all the way down.. no real space open.. check it out... there is stuff on YOU TUBE. to show you this..

Old 11-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
did you line up the barrel right,??? there is a long alignment slot... it goes away from the throttle adjusting screw... as the short stepped knotch goes to the throttle adjusting screw... if these are not aligned... then there will be a full throttle position... and it will SCREAM... the barrel should be in all the way... and if you look into the choke ( air inlet ) area... you will see that the barrel is all the way down.. no real space open.. check it out... there is stuff on YOU TUBE. to show you this..
ya i learned my lesson about this with the 110 we have after it tool off accross the work bench lol.

we ended up ordering a new carb for it as that seems to be the root of the evil within
should be here soon and hopefully be up and running smoothly soon.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #21

new carb installed and holy hanna !

thing takes off like a rocket now.....my buddy should have no more problems now and can concentrate on learning to shift ect.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #22

Glad to hear it's working well.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Glad to hear it's working well.
oh i was impressed really...remove old crappy carb bolt on and hook up new one and she fired right up no tuning nothing

Old 09-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #24

200 beast update:

So my large friend who bought this beast was getting tired of his chain coming off so after riding behind him i found out why it was coming off so much.....everytime he hit a bump he would compress the rear shock to the point of bottoming out and off comes the chain.
found a much better shock on CL for $10 and installed it yesterday

old shock

new shock (still has tons of adjustment left in it )

comparison old to new

also swaped out his rear grab bar instead of just his brake light because all the mounts for the brake light were broken off so went to the parts atv and low and behold they are the same

Old 09-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #25

Good score! Did the guy on CL have only one?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Good score! Did the guy on CL have only one?
ya only had the one.

managed to get these off of him today for $25 before he sold the lot to someone else (lots of stuff we didn't need)

Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #27

got the new front shocks installed for my buddy on sunday....he is pretty happy.

new chain next

Old 10-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #28

the swing arm will be coming off this weekend and going to the high school with the 17yr old to be straightened so that the rear axle is true and in line. the automotive shop teacher encurages the kids to bring in small projects from home if they have them as it is a great way to learn. will pick up new bushing as well and have him install them wile he is at it.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #29

The shop teacher is going to be baffled by how out of whack the swingarm is. AFAIK, all the original Beast swingarms are like that. Did you find the Yamaha part number?

Here's mine:

Old 10-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #30

thats reall out (or was) but i am sure that they can get it straight in the end.
didn't get the #'s yet for the bushings but i will when i need them.