Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2023, 08:38 AM   #46

Gosh, it's been over a month! :o

I received the carbs back. The guy told me that the problem was the float needles were too short. Not sure if he received the incorrect needles, or bought the wrong ones. Either way, it's not spewing gas.

I got them put on over the weekend. It started and ran, but was backfiring and idling was too high. Turns out I forgot a spring and plunger on the rear carb for the choke. After correcting that, the backfiring is pretty much gone. I think it's in serious need of carb balancing though cause still not running quite right. Fortunately, I'm familiar with it having done carb balancing on my old VX800.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:38 AM   #47

Well, yesterday was the day.....I finally got all my inspections and paperwork done to get my bonded title. I went to the license plate office and was SHOCKED! Have you ever walked into a DMV or such and there's been NO ONE at the counter or in line???? I just about had a heart attack!

All my paperwork was in order, so 101 dollars later and another 7 for a notary signature, and I was out the door in under 10 minutes with a registration and plate for the bike!

I hope to get some seat time over the next week or so and put it into service riding to work a bit.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 10-11-2023, 04:25 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
as for my master cylinder, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the system re-filled with fluid. it really doesn't seem to be passing fluid from the plunger into the system past the last rubber gasket. if anyone has any tricks or ideas, I'm all ears. I have a mity-vac that I use, but I can't even get the system primed to get fluid moving.

Sorry for the extremely late reply. Just found the thread lol. Have a 98 suzuki intruder vs800 myself. Clutch lever always gave me problems. Would randomly loose pressure and not fully disengage. Something I did to fix it so it would hold more fluid and be significantly more consistent. Take off the top plate for the master cylinder, zip tie the lever all the way back to the bars. Leave it like that, and just top it off periodically. If you have angled bars, try to keep it fully level. Also found for a roadside temp fix should it give out, tilt the bike onto its right side (not all the way to where it falls) and just pump it a lot. Usually gets the job done for me

1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800 (bobbed out)
2021 Sur Ron Lightbee Supermoto (Heavily modified up to 40hp peak)