Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2016, 07:52 AM   #16

Just got back from Maggie Valley

We did the Dragon on a Monday, saw no police at all! Not a single car in site. There were barely any people there even on the dragon. Everyone was right, the roads around it were so much better. The roads to get to it were amazing. The Dragon is over rated for sure. Nonetheless, it has been slayed. I do not understand the hype of going back to it time after time. That I would not waste doing.

I'll do a new thread with pics and a better write up. I'm just still exhausted. Also, weird thing happened with the RX3. The trip meter reset itself at just over 600 miles, twice on the trip. So weird. The bike also did do it's shut off every now and then. Not a big deal, mostly at the red light.

Anyone else have their trip meter reset on them like this? Other than that, the bike ran great. We ended with over 1700 miles.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 08-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
We did the Dragon on a Monday, saw no police at all! Not a single car in site. There were barely any people there even on the dragon. Everyone was right, the roads around it were so much better. The roads to get to it were amazing. The Dragon is over rated for sure. Nonetheless, it has been slayed. I do not understand the hype of going back to it time after time. That I would not waste doing.

I'll do a new thread with pics and a better write up. I'm just still exhausted. Also, weird thing happened with the RX3. The trip meter reset itself at just over 600 miles, twice on the trip. So weird. The bike also did do it's shut off every now and then. Not a big deal, mostly at the red light.

Anyone else have their trip meter reset on them like this? Other than that, the bike ran great. We ended with over 1700 miles.
That sure sounds like a ground problem. I'd clean and recheck the battery connections and whatever you can find behind the headlight. Check all the e-stuff under the seat, that hidden under the plastic cover, as well. If you're dealing with humidity, use dielectric grease or something like that.

Glad to hear you had a good trip!...and no, I've never been there but after reading about it in HD mags for years, I was stunned to find out just last week that the Dragon has a 30 or 35 mph speed limit???? I was under the impression from all the write-ups over all the years that this was some sort of famous, "challenge you to the core" twisties....not a closed area with a slow speed limit.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-22-2016, 11:45 AM   #18

I'm looking forward to the pictures of your trip.

I'm with LZ on the trip reset...intermittent ground connection.

Although, I did have the trip counter reset when I was setting the time on the clock.

And yes, there's a 30 mph speed limit on Deal's Gap.

jb

Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That sure sounds like a ground problem. I'd clean and recheck the battery connections and whatever you can find behind the headlight. Check all the e-stuff under the seat, that hidden under the plastic cover, as well. If you're dealing with humidity, use dielectric grease or something like that.

Glad to hear you had a good trip!...and no, I've never been there but after reading about it in HD mags for years, I was stunned to find out just last week that the Dragon has a 30 or 35 mph speed limit???? I was under the impression from all the write-ups over all the years that this was some sort of famous, "challenge you to the core" twisties....not a closed area with a slow speed limit.
2LZ, if you ever find yourself with your bike in NW WA, I'll take you to Chuckanut Drive; it's one of the finest rides I've ever been on.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 AM   #20

Regarding the trip meter reset.
621 miles is 1000 km. There is a fair chance that the odometer is graduated in km and the ECU converts it to miles. Because it can show only three digits it starts over at 1000.
On my F800GS the thermometer was graduated in 1/2 deg C and converted to deg F. It would show temps like 68.9, 69.8, 70.7, etc.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 AM   #21

Glad y'all are back with us safe and sound. That was a long one camping etc. Now you need a vacation from your vacation.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~