Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2016, 12:13 PM   #1

Dude, that sucks so much! I would be inclined to think that XR200R spokes (for the 18" rear years - '81-'81) would do.

You've been around here long enough to know how many of us appreciate trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, go-karts... Can't you bench-bleed the master and then use a cheap HF vacuum bleeder to do the rest? That's what I used on my '99. I even drank a cold beer while doing it.

Your first pic made me laugh out loud.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Dude, that sucks so much! I would be inclined to think that XR200R spokes (for the 18" rear years - '81-'81) would do.

You've been around here long enough to know how many of us appreciate trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, go-karts... Can't you bench-bleed the master and then use a cheap HF vacuum bleeder to do the rest? That's what I used on my '99. I even drank a cold beer while doing it.

That is a bummer!....but like W&G says, I just bench bled my '97 Z71 and it was all good.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Wow! that sucks. It always comes in threes too. Mine started on Monday. Washing machine sprung a leak and put water all over my utility room. 1 year old dryer caught on fire. wasn't too bad, just lint buildup caught on fire. I'm still waiting on #3 to happen. it will, it's just a matter of time. Hope the rest of your week goes better.
I don't think I can handle a third right now lol! Fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I dont know if the honda crf230f will have the same spoke or not but I think its your best place to start. Just make sure you bring the spoke with you.
alright cool. I'm headed up there right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

Yeah I can bench bleed the master cylinder and bleed the brakes no problem. The problem is when air gets trapped in the abs module (95+ for my truck) which is likely to happen when replacing the master cylinder. You need a very expensive scan tool to operate the solenoids in that module to properly bleed the air out. That's the only reason why I'm taking it to a shop.

Haha! I've taken a few pictures like that. This one in particular was for a guy on facebook. He said something like "I wish I could find a girl who looks at me like I look at my truck." I was sitting there all pissed off at mine and tookt hat picture and said "you mean like this?" lmao!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That is a bummer!....but like W&G says, I just bench bled my '97 Z71 and it was all good.
I've had problems with my brakes for over a year now. I can rebuild the rear completely and 5000 miles later, they are squealing and grabbing. I swapped rear ends and even on that axle, 5000 miles an they were squealing and grabbing. I'm hoping it's just air in the system that I can't get out. Hopefully a shop can get it taken care of. I'm the last guy that would take their vehicle to a shop. I only do when I've exhausted myself trying and am to the point that it's either A) let a shop fix it or B) get the lighter fluid and matches lol