Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #1

New BMS Ranch Pony 500

Hello everybody, I'm new here (have recently posted in endure forum) and just bought a new BMS Ranch Pony 500 UTV. When I get it (should be delivered in next couple days), I will post pictures of the assembly process. If anybody has one of these and has any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks, Andy

Old 12-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #2

Don't have one, but I am interested in it.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #3

We haven't had nearly enough UTV's on this site. I'm eager to see pics of yours, and read all about it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #4

http://www.bmsmotor.com/side/product..._(4x44x2).html

Old 12-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #5

should be here any day now

Old 12-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #6

That's a nice looking vehicle. What is the MSRP?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-05-2014, 03:56 AM   #7

I paid about right at $6800 , I also ordered oil, spark plug and locktite package with it. shipping was free or at least included in the price. I ordered it November 21, hope to get it tomorrow, Thanksgiving slowed it down

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #8

You're gonna have a lot of fun new toys at once.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You're gonna have a lot of fun new toys at once.
I gotta quit buying things before I put myself in the poor house Lol. My wife and I have separate bank accounts so its just me heading for the poor house. The Pony not being delivered now until Wednesday as of this morning. I more excited about the enduro though (Wednesday also) was hoping the Pony with show up today so that I could get it together before the bike gets here.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
I gotta quit buying things before I put myself in the poor house Lol. My wife and I have separate bank accounts so its just me heading for the poor house. The Pony not being delivered now until Wednesday as of this morning. I more excited about the enduro though (Wednesday also) was hoping the Pony with show up today so that I could get it together before the bike gets here.
Your TV isn't going to get much love from you.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #11

should be here tomorrow

Old 12-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #12

It's been a frustrating couple of days. Wednesday morning I received a phone call from the company that was supposed to deliver the Ranch Pony (and enduro). They told me that the Ranch Pony and enduro were to big for lift gate service and that I would have to come pick them up or they would have to send the back. Reluctantly, these being Christmas presents and there is not enough time to order from somebody else, I rented a 6 x 12 Uhaul enclosed Uhaul trailer. This was the biggest and only style trailer that Uhaul had anywhere close to my area. I pulled the trailer 88 miles to Indianopilis. When I got there I discovered that the crate for the Ranch Pony is 2 inches wider than the trailer door opening I had them set the crate in there parking lot. I uncrated the Ranch pony and assembled the stuts and installed the wheels (with help from there forklift). 3 hours later I was ready to load in the trailer. The tires where flat so I had to steer the Pony while a fork lift driver pushed it into the trailer. (it was extremely hard to roll with flat tires) At 9:00 that night i left to head back home. When I got home I miss jugded where the driveway was backing the trailer in and got stuck in the yard. I had to unhitch the trailer with 200 lbs of toys in it to get the truck unstuck. With the truck back in the driveway I got a chain and pulled the trailer back into the driveway. I then had to get a jack to lift the trailer tongue so that I could rehitch the trailer. (not an easy thing to do in the dark and by yourself) This time I turned the truck around and pulled the trailer into the driveway. I then was able to air the back tires up and the Pony rolled a little easier and I was able to get the back wheels out of the trailer far enough that I could air the front tires up. Finally I got it into the garage, I then started assembling the bike in the trailer so that I could roll it into the garage. I had to have The trailer back at by 1 on Thursday and then go work so I didn't get any assembling done Thursday. When I got home Friday morning from work (1:00 am) I worked until 5 am assembling the bike. I got up at 10:30 this morning and started assembling the Pony but had to quit at 1:00 to get ready for work, I work on it more tonight. Pictures to come.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #13

I think either the vendor,and/or the shipper, need to compensate you for your time, expense, and effort.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #14

I sure hope the experiences with the Ranch Pony and Enduro are positive from here forward. I agree with Spud that you should contact the vendor.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I think either the vendor,and/or the shipper, need to compensate you for your time, expense, and effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I sure hope the experiences with the Ranch Pony and Enduro are positive from here forward. I agree with Spud that you should contact the vendor.
I contacted the vendor on the way to pick it up and they are supposed to contact BMS who actually shipped it and get me some money back. Its also missing the front bumper cover and a splash shield. I have to file a warranty claim for those items. I have stayed up all night after work last few days putting this together by myself since this is for Christmas and getting up before work to work on it ....I am tired.

Tags
bms ranch pony 500, utv