Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2023, 09:53 PM   #1

RX4 channel on YouTube

1. Informative video series on his n hers rx4’s

2. a staggering finding on the rear suspension
I have to look at mine, how did this interference issue make it past engineering, testing, etc?
Does anyone have a dent on their wishbone?!

Last edited by outboardr; 12-12-2023 at 01:37 AM.

Old 12-14-2023, 05:34 PM   #2

good information!

Old 12-15-2023, 12:46 PM   #3

Sooo... why not just put a smaller nut on it? Lose the nylock, go with a regular flange nut, and locktite it.

Charles.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:53 PM   #4

My first fix was to do just that. On the two bikes I prepped the bolt would strike the link arm, not just the nut. I tried three different styles of 10x1.25 nuts. Two were flanged and one I used with a washer. One of the three had a short enough profile to allow for machining off a thread or two of the threaded end of the bolt, and still leave one thread protruding past the nut (the standard for aircraft in FAA publication AC-43-13-1B). I couldn't tell visually if two threads would be enough. I concluded it was too involved and to time consuming for most owners. 1.25 millimeters is roughly 50/1000 of an inch. Not a lot of room for error if you attempted it on a grinder or sander because you didn't have a lathe. The easiest and least time-consuming method was to remove material from the link arm. I had the link arms off to grease them, so the modification was easy for me. My wife brought it to my attention that it would be difficult to remove it from the bike for a lot of owners. That is why I added the video showing how you could do it in place.