Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2022, 12:12 PM   #31

Humm.... Reading the Help section in HUD ECU Hacker... I found alot of bad things....
1) he says don't bother with ANY of the Chinese adaptors "none of them work" their all garbage!
2) you need to do an echo test to check to see if the adapter actually is working
don't think just because it put's stuff on the screen that it is right...
3) the adapters he recomends are hundreds of dollars !
4) 90% of the drivers will not work for the USB he uses only one that works....
5) the type of adapter matters alot, some of them ( the cheap ones (under $40.00)) convert back and forth instead of directly introducing errors along the way....
Not only does it look like you have to be a computer WIZ just to get it to work but you have to diagnos it before you attempt to use it,,,just incase it doesn't work !
he said he tried several drivers to get his USB adapter to work with no luck they would work great on windows 7 but not on windows 10..... he said he has the windows 10 driver free to download i think.... ....
swapping in and out drivers is not my thing I am lucky to get a new keyboard to work !!! taking the chance of killing my computer to change a driver to something else is very risky to me ! .... easy for you ...not for me!
needless to say I am very dissapointed in this not only did I buy the wrong "Garbage"
but I seriously doubt I can ever get it to work on the computer even if I buy the super expensive adapters.....
it's like what's the point ....
Bahhh humbug !
Bob........

Old 07-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kelly View Post
Humm.... Reading the Help section in HUD ECU Hacker... I found alot of bad things....
1) he says don't bother with ANY of the Chinese adaptors "none of them work" their all garbage!
2) you need to do an echo test to check to see if the adapter actually is working
don't think just because it put's stuff on the screen that it is right...
3) the adapters he recomends are hundreds of dollars !
4) 90% of the drivers will not work for the USB he uses only one that works....
5) the type of adapter matters alot, some of them ( the cheap ones (under $40.00)) convert back and forth instead of directly introducing errors along the way....
Not only does it look like you have to be a computer WIZ just to get it to work but you have to diagnos it before you attempt to use it,,,just incase it doesn't work !
he said he tried several drivers to get his USB adapter to work with no luck they would work great on windows 7 but not on windows 10..... he said he has the windows 10 driver free to download i think.... ....
swapping in and out drivers is not my thing I am lucky to get a new keyboard to work !!! taking the chance of killing my computer to change a driver to something else is very risky to me ! .... easy for you ...not for me!
needless to say I am very dissapointed in this not only did I buy the wrong "Garbage"
but I seriously doubt I can ever get it to work on the computer even if I buy the super expensive adapters.....
it's like what's the point ....
Bahhh humbug !
Bob........

it's not so bad you need taxtric open port 2.0 for $30 and you will be able to do what you want here a little tutorial

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=29467&page=2

Old 07-17-2022, 03:07 AM   #33

good info there Lukas thank you !
Well with my Kids help I got HUD ECU HACKER installed on the laptop
and I think we got the right USB driver for the Forscan adapter should we use it...
all in all it looks like it's up and running but of course I will need to do a comparitor test
in order to see if it is actually working correctly or not.
I've complicated the issue here by quite a bit by adding the USB adaptor which I may well not even use, as I do have the OBD2 wifi adaptor thing I bought a while back
I mean why not use WIFI if I can, and not have to be connected via cable right ?!?!?
but the laptop is running the files just like the desktop here so that is a good sign
.... I'm getting closer !
all this fiddling around took about 2 hrs because I don't know what I am doing
but with my Kids help we breezed through it fairly fast and it looks like I am ready to plug it in and see if it works.....
but I still need to do an echo test to make sure it is working like it should.... I can't forget that !!!!
..... (gott'a read up on how to do the Echo test again from HUD ECU HACKER help files)
in my way of thinking I should be able to just go out there and plug it in and it should work...and I can down load a copy of the RX4's ECU....
once I get that secured I can play with it a bit I think...as I can always revert back to the original file ( in theory )
Bob..........

Old 07-17-2022, 08:05 AM   #34

I did the echo test and it did not work, and I changed the map anyway, it must be good hardware like Taxtric open port, and all that, and the computer must be connected by cable not WIFI or Bluetooth, because it will break the connection and in I worse case it can damage the ECU, and no one wants that I will have to correct the map, because I did it on the capacity of 249cc, and now that I have 298cc you need to turn it up from 7000 RPM, because there is a little too little power in 6th gear at 125 Kmh wonder if Mauricio from Italy will give some discount on corrections in general, if you order a map from them, 1 correction is free, but I have already used it and I have a second map, but I am afraid to load it, because on this map the motorcycle, having 249 ran as if it had 300cc and I remember that it had a problem with going down from the revs, but it would have to be tested on the new capacity, I do not want to overdo it.

Last edited by Lukas; 07-17-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Old 07-17-2022, 03:56 PM   #35

I'd be real reluctant to do anything if the Echo test failed (which I expect it will)
as the guy that made ECU Hacker says the cheaper connectors are ALL Garbage he had to go to the more expensive connectors just to get it to work...once he did he had no more problems.... the help files give alot of information on that stuff !
.... I was messing with ECU Hacker last night trying to find out how to turn down the Idle a bit and I came up blank I know you have a target idle speed but I don't know if just changing that will do the trick or not ..... you got any ideas on that ?
Bob.......

Old 07-17-2022, 07:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kelly View Post
I'd be real reluctant to do anything if the Echo test failed (which I expect it will)
as the guy that made ECU Hacker says the cheaper connectors are ALL Garbage he had to go to the more expensive connectors just to get it to work...once he did he had no more problems.... the help files give alot of information on that stuff !
.... I was messing with ECU Hacker last night trying to find out how to turn down the Idle a bit and I came up blank I know you have a target idle speed but I don't know if just changing that will do the trick or not ..... you got any ideas on that ?
Bob.......

In the dashboard section HEH you have "idle speed target" and there is an option to modify this parameter you have to click the icon in the form of a key, but I can't remember if changing this parameter will save permanently, if not then you have to make a patch and apply it to the injection map, that is, you have to download the injection map and upload it along with the patch.

piece of cake

Old 07-18-2022, 01:04 AM   #37

Yah Right what ever you say ! HAHAHAH ! I just tried to hook it all up and the very first one to plug into the bike is the wrong plug ! and it is supposed to be for delfi too !
from now on I look at the pictures ! the plug on my bike has 6 round holes not 6 blades !
GRRRRR !
.... but I did get the computer to recognize the other half of the cable I think, it finally worked.... it said it was connected anyway.... .
I'll probably have $150.00 tied up in cables alone at this rate ! LOL....
oh well back to the drawing board !
Bob.......

Old 07-18-2022, 05:08 AM   #38

Any idea where I might find a plug in adaptor for my 2021 RX4 they seem to have a plug on the bike that NO ONE uses at all !!! the plug is a 6 round pin the type where the spring loaded plugs cover the holes to keep out moisture they just slide in when you insert the plug ( you used to see them alot on trailer hitches) i looked for 2 hrs on the web to find
one that looks like it will fit but none are the round type in a rectangle can...
i thought i found one for a KTM but it is exactly as the one I bought that was supposed to work ( just like the photo at the begining of this thread) but my bike does NOT have that plug...... any sujestions guys ???
...how can I re wire the plug if I have no idea where the wires go ?
I asked CSC if they had a plug but we all know what they will say.... "Sorry we don't sell that item" which means if I want to do diagnostics on my bike I have to re wire the plug to one that will fit it !!!
Bob........

Old 07-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #39

Do a foto and post i must see but it should be " furukawa 6 pin"

Old 07-18-2022, 12:12 PM   #40

Thanks Lukas....but I figured it out.... last night it was dark out there and I couldn't see the plug very well.....took the seat off again a bit ago and looked at the plug and after studying it for a bit I could see that there was a CAP on the plug it self..... like DUH !!!!...
...i took off that cap and what do you know, it's the male end of the adapter cable I got....( that I thought was wrong...) and it plugs right into the plug in like it is supposed to ! (imagen that !)
anyway after fighting the laptop to get it to work which it finally did, we hooked it up and i started the bike and switched to that screen and it showed everything like it should... no errors or anything
....I then tried to down load a copy of the ECU but ran into a snag it said to unplug the ECU to make a fresh copy.... I did, and then it wouldn't down load anything ( obviously as it was unplugged, but that is what it said to do! )
it was near impossible to see the screen of the laptop with the sun's glare
so I decided to give it a rest.
BUT SUCCESS IT ACTUALLY WORKS ! now it's trying to figure out the program, how to down load a copy of the ECU and where it will put it on the computer and finding it again....and then seeing if I can change a parameter of something and flash it onto the bike and see if it actually changes it !
.... then it will be a long slow struggle to understand what everything does in that little ECU.....
....on my 2021 RX4 it has a MT05 ECU not the MT05 2.5 it says on it definitely MT05 and nothing more...

I would like to copy a file of it Running like the example files that are on the HUD ECU HACKER.... that way I could study it better late at night when everyone else is asleep and I'm awake (like normal)
have you ever done that Lukas ?????
I think for all intents and purposes having the bike in the shop is going to be alot better than out in the yard so I'll probably move it back into the shop soon....

Success ! that was a hard won battle ! LOL
.... but I can see my bike running on the computer now ! that is progress !

Bob.......

Old 07-19-2022, 07:16 AM   #41

been studying HUD ECU Hacker and trying my darndest to understand how to do things with it and it ain't easy ! I have been trying to figure out how to down load the Contents of my ECU so I have a backup and so far I have drawn a blank. ( yes I've read the help files on doing that several times and in the end it just goes in one ear and out the other!)
It looks like you can change the file name easily enough... and then just push the down load button and it does it.... it obviously won't do that unless your all hooked up and the key is on and your connected.... but I think it's that simple and it will put it in the flash directory under the programs location on the HD.
I think if you do that before you start the motor you won't get the message "unplug it"
I'm not sure about that though !
the big problem I am having now is changing a parameter and every time I've tried to do that it says you have to have a calibration thing loaded I try to load a calibration thing and then it goes away and when I try again it gives me the same warning
I don't know if it will do that with the thing all hooked up or not but from what I've discovered that most of this program works when it's not hooked up but some of it doesn't.... so you can't figure it out beforehand....you have to figure it out when it's all hooked up ..... I THINK !?!?!?!
another problem I've ran into is loosing where the "Idle target" is at... it seems to be located at different places on different machines....
but I don't want to leave my bike idling for 2 hrs while I look for stuff on the computer
that just doesn't make sense !
so what I need to do is make a copy of the ECU and see if I can look at it, "off line "so to speak.... i should be able to although that may only work if I make a recording of the engine running and play it back later I don't know....
any hints would be appreciated !
Bob.......