Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2023, 01:10 PM   #16

After a few Rides I LOVE the bike.... BEST YET..... more my style ! I went to Harbor freight Tools and found a bigger Gun case/tool case and mounted it on the rack...
and also put a Samdo Speedometer/tachometer on it and took off the stock one....
that took a while but I finally got it working correctly... and the clock keeps the time now after I turn off the key( it didn't at first)
I put a 13T sprocket on the front and can wheelie it in 1st at the blip of the throttle and can still cruise at 65~70mph on the highway.... with all this great weather I still haven't taken her for a ride as I have been doing around the house chores !
the bike is fairly loud that super-trap muffler is loud but if I remember right all super-trap mufflers are USFS approved ( I could be wrong about that) so I want to keep it on there if I can... I got it low enough so I can flat foot it and that is the only cure for falling over that works for me !!!!! I can flat foot both feet at the same time! although it wouldn't hurt to be a bit lower it is good enough for now... !
as far as the power is concerned there is no comparison between this and the RX4
this is far stronger by far.... and it should be with 650cc as compared to only 450cc
and it is far LIGHTER ...all the way around.... the RX4's weight was HIGH.... and made it feel so much heavier than it actually was.... but this bike is 150lbs lighter than it was and the weight is lower too... so it feels lighter than it actually is... it's still 350lbs but is is distributed differently on this bike.
I put in a slow speed jet in the carb and a bigger main jet as it was running fairly lean
and the bike really liked that change it is snappier and has more grunt !
the new speedo gives me a tach too and that is what this bike needed !
there is about 5 other funtions on that gauge that I will never use simply because I don't have the things to connect up to it... like water tempiture, oil pressure and the like......
and I really think she is a keeper ! she is a good hard working air-cooled thumper
that is a pleasure to ride.... the seat sux.... I cut out 3"~4" of foam out of the seat
but it has no width to it.... it almost feels like your riding on a kotex ! LOL and that's just WRONG ! so I may well change the seat in the future.... I cut out so much foam that there is very little give now.... so a long ride on it will leave my butt sore !
.... the front break works great but the rear is pathetic ! I'll replace the brake pads and see if that helps .... but you really have to push hard on the rear brake to get it to lock up. more than you should have to I think.
I really like burying the throttle and getting the front wheel up about 1' off the ground on the launch.... this thing goes good !...the new front tire I am not sure about yet
it's stuck to the road fairly well but I do not trust it on dirt roads yet.
Bob.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Red01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	860.5 KB
ID:	29223  

Old 08-07-2023, 04:23 PM   #17

Outboardr ! sorry this site does not notify me of replys and I forget to check !
to answer your question.... Yes the supertrap muffler is quite loud.... too loud for my liking and I am thinking about buying a $39.95 muffler to replace it with because of that !
A while back I took the XR650L way up the mountian and made it all the way to bluff lake
and the last 3 miles was a cat trail.... not good enough to be a jeep trail as it was really a hard ride.... but I made it..... fished a bit....found no fish in the lake at all but it was fin anyway.... by the time I got home my butt was really hurting !.... I think I will spend the money and buy a good seat for it !
..... I haven't been back on the bike sense and it's been about a month ! although I do keep fiddling with the speedo trying to get it to read right.... seems they don't adjust fine enough for all wheel sizes ! I guess I should'a got a vapor instead of the Samdo
but the vapor cost about 4 times as much .... so it will do ! LOL
Bob....