Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2022, 06:59 PM   #1

Anyone in the Southern PA/New Jersey/Maryland available for a test ride?

Hey everyone, my name is Keith, and I'm new here. I've been riding an electric motorcycle from Wuxi for the last year and I absolutely love it, but it's giving me the itch to go for some longer road trips. Much as I love my motorcycle it's just not practical to ride 100 miles, charge for four hours, ride another 100 miles, and repeat.

I was very interested in a CFMoto Adventura, but I test rode one yesterday and to my surprise, I didn't really like it much. I've put down a deposit with CSC for a 2023 RX4, but now I'm worried that it will arrive and I'll find it uncomfortable or something. Before I fully commit, I was wondering if there was anyone within a couple of hours of me who would be willing to let me try theirs out. I have about 20 years of riding experience, and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable rental fee. I live in south-central PA, so if you're within a couple hours of me and you're willing to help me out, please let me know! Thanks in advance

Last edited by H0tsauce; 09-21-2022 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Make title more specifc

Old 09-21-2022, 09:37 PM   #2

I no longer have it but in case it helps you, read away for my foray into the RX4:

https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28485

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 09-21-2022, 10:00 PM   #3

I did see that post. The fact that you sold it 3 months after buying it is what made me want to try one in person

Last edited by H0tsauce; 09-22-2022 at 06:51 AM. Reason: typo

Old 09-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #4

I'm in southern Virginia...not all that close to PA but still not on the other side of the world. If you get to this part of the world I'd be happy to help you out. My 2021 is virtually identical to the 2023 model, other than color. As an aside, my 2020 is still for sale ($4200).

Peter Y.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I'm in southern Virginia...not all that close to PA but still not on the other side of the world. If you get to this part of the world I'd be happy to help you out. My 2021 is virtually identical to the 2023 model, other than color. As an aside, my 2020 is still for sale ($4200).

Peter Y.
Thanks! It's a bit of a hike but not out of the question. I'll get back to you if nobody else is able to help me out.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:18 AM   #6

LOL I can't help ya because I'm in California ! but I would let ya ride it for a hour or so
... stock the bike was very Harsh riding to me the rear had absoultly no compression when I got on it ! (strange eh?) it's taken me 6 months or so to finally get the rear the way I want it and Now it compresses a small amount when I get on it and the ride is actually fairly pleasant... a bit harsh at times but that just might be the roads I ride on ... they are not very smooth ! I have done NO dirt riding at all with the RX4 as it is far too heavy for that in my mind it's 450lbs is about 30lbs MORE than my 1977 Triumph 750 Bonneville T120.... which is absurd ! but it is what it is ! the other day I cruised up the freeway about 20 miles doing 75 to 80 MPH (just keeping up with traffic here) and the bike had no problem doing that I am sure it could do that all day and never brake a sweat ! So for a comfortable street bike, that is heavy... it's a great machine.
I put on Pivital type handle bar rizers so I could raise the fork tubes and lower the front of the bike this puts my hands a bit too high for my likings but i'll live with it.
the seat is great. it is fairly hard but what motorcycle seat isn't now days... after an hour's ride my butt is feeling it ! but I have not had any back problems or shoulder problems with this bike at all....although I did have a butt problem when I first got it as it literally "beat me to death" on these roads .... super hard ride ! but I think I finally solved that problem. different rear spring new lower link and lower tire pressure seams to have cured the problem for me.
Hope that helps....

Would I do it again ? NO.... it's too friggin heavy for this old man !
Bob.......

Old 10-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #7

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the input. I'm still going back and forth between this or getting a used Z650 and putting luggage racks on it. It's coming down to mpg and whether I'll actually go moto-camping or if I just like the idea of it but not that actually sleeping outside part.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:34 AM   #8

Welp, it came down to the wire with CSC expecting 2023s to arrive any day now, but a deal popped up near me that I couldn't say no to. I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650. My Chinese electric Notasaki is still my first love, but I'm looking forward to some long distance adventure riding in the coming year. Thanks again Peter for letting me try out your RX4.