Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2020, 01:09 AM   #1

RX4 Measured Weight

Recently, I had the opportunity to put the RX4 on a scale and measure its actual weight. This was for a bike with the Tourfella top case and mounting rack, plus the CSC skid plate. It also had a set of auxiliary lights mounted. The top case ws empty. I measured it with both the wire spoke wheels, with OEM CST tires mounted, and the cast wheels, set up with a set of Shinko 705's in OEM sizes.

Here are the numbers:

With spoked wheels / OEM CST tires: 215 kg / 474 lb

With cast wheels / Shinko 705 tires: 218.5 kg / 481 lb

Old 06-14-2020, 01:37 AM   #2

Those weights seem realistic. CSC lists the bike at 449.7lbs without stating if that is wet, dry, or with/without the standard luggage.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #3

I call that good data , real live weight not some engineer's SWAG

Old 06-04-2022, 09:37 AM   #4

Yep that sounds a bit under to me but I'm getting old too.... that bike is the heaviest 450lb bike I have ever owned ! it's closer to 500lbs I'm sure, and With a full tank of gas it's probably over that !
Bob......

Old 11-19-2022, 09:54 PM   #5

the thing about the RX4's weight is that is up high.... it has a very high C.O.G. about your crotch or a little higher like your belly button ! that is extreamily High for a bike of this weight which means when you stop at a stop sign and put one foot down you will feel weight like a big full dress 800lb bike ! when you fill the gas tank it's even worse !
i run around on half a tank most of the time just because of that .
my Triumph Bonny 750 is lighter by 25 or 30 lbs but the weight's C.O.G. is about my shins or top of my boots.... which makes it far easier to ride but it only has a 2.9 gal gas tank and that big 750 goes through the gas fast !
weight distribution is very important ! heavy weight up high is far worse than twice the weight down low !
I have a easy comparison here I can strap on a box and go get 2 gallons of milk on the Triumph and it's the same weight as the RX4 empty with that bulk of the weight down low the Triumph is 9 times easier to ride and they both have the same seat height for my short stature.... so it's not the weight it is really where the C.O.G. is located !
and unfortunately on the RX4 it is way, way, way.... too high !
Bob.....