Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2022, 10:47 PM   #1

Good Ride No problems

Yesterday I hopped on the RX4 and went to the liquor store to get my Chewing Tabaco. they didn't have it so I bought another type , it seems they have had it back ordered for 3 weeks now.... supply line problems I guess.
anyway I hopped on the freeway and ran most of the 20 miles down there and
got it all the way up to 80mph and I could keep up with the flow of traffic
so that is good.... most of the ride there was at 75mph and it handled that with ease.
However I did notice that at that speed she is extremely quick reacting....
more so than any other bike I have ever known. my TFT dash did warn me that both tires were slightly low as that is where I set them at but the dash doesn't like that ! I meant to look at the MPG when I got home as I came back the back roads.... but I forgot ! I also topped off the gas tank and it took 2.1 gallons.... to which I added a bit of stabul 360 to the tank when I got home.
the ride was fine for a big heavy street bike some parts were a rough ride but not overly so like it used to be.... All in all it was a good Ride... a bit warm for my winter jacket I quickly found out but I opened some air ports and that helped...
on the way back I took the back roads and most of that is still 70mph as all of it is long straight stretches then a turn then straight again so you can book it fairly fast but you have to be on the lookout for deer and or cows that have got out on the road so you can only go fast on the places you can see good at.
that was the first time I had ridden it sense the rear suspension modification at speed, it did good I have no complaints !
i have just over 200 miles on it now.... at this rate it will be 3 more years before I need to change the oil ! LOL
..... later all !
Bob........

Oh on a special note, I noticed that a few guys have commented that from 75mph to 80 the acceleration was very poor.... i didn't notice any slowness to be honest but I have tinkered with the leanness in the CPU to get away from that 14.1 fuel setting that the factory put in there... I set that to 12.0 and to me there was no hesitation at all in passing .... just so you know.