Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2023, 03:03 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I have my TBR7 set up similar to yours, but I plan to start doing some internal mods soon, and will be installing a fork brace. The fork brace evidently makes a noticable improvement, at least on the Hawks. Dan, and Jerry, and I'm sure several others have them. I should have had my engine mods done, but things have came up. They will be a home port job on the head, a thinner gasket, and maybe shaving the head a little, also a 4 degree advance key, and a longer duration cam, with roller tip followers.. My bike is actually pretty satisfactory on power now. I am running a 17/46, and have no need for any higher gearing. My stock speed odometer is accurate, which is evidently not common, but the bike runs 55 at about 6,700 rpm, according to the cheap little inductive tach I have. I also intend to install an oil cooler. There are other small mods that people do to these bikes like folding shifter, and wider foot pegs. Some go with better handle bars as well. I will add that it's not a bad idea to replace your rear sprocket studs with Honda studs.
the fork brace mod is well work it, you can brake as hard as you want without the forks twisting
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace