Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2022, 08:57 PM   #151

Got it registered today. I reluctantly say no issues Registering and Tagging in Tennessee. Tennessee has not updated there manufacturer names on there system. So the clerk was unable not put Zummva or Wuyi and come back with a match.

The Vin did not raise concerns & the MSO showing 9HP helped. What I did was paper clip a Brochure of 2022 Yamaha Zuma 125. I simply pointed to the MSO 9 HP statement showed the brochure then flipped the MSO over showing the notorized back. Proceeded with normal conversation.. Walked out with registration and a tag.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:38 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Got it registered today. I reluctantly say no issues Registering and Tagging in Tennessee. Tennessee has not updated there manufacturer names on there system. So the clerk was unable not put Zummva or Wuyi and come back with a match.

The Vin did not raise concerns & the MSO showing 9HP helped. What I did was paper clip a Brochure of 2022 Yamaha Zuma 125. I simply pointed to the MSO 9 HP statement showed the brochure then flipped the MSO over showing the notorized back. Proceeded with normal conversation.. Walked out with registration and a tag.
Dude nice! Did you get this done at your actual DMV or a Notary/Tag place?

Old 05-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #153

Well I’m fixing to replace my chain. The rear wheel is a bit more than halfway extended as far as chain tension goes (came from dealer that way), but after my last ride (I’m between 75 and 100 miles now) I have several inches of play where the manual calls for only 8-10 millimeters.

If I have to undo the chain to shorten it I might as well just replace it with an o-ring chain.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 05-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
That engine looks just great, and so does the frame, forks, rear suspension. Yup, LOTS of motorcycle for the price. And yes, it has everything it needs for street legal getting TO the dirt Oh ya... you'll be happy!

I just got my 520 chain/sprocket upgrade. The JT rear seems correct (~2.5 inches between the four square bolts), and the chain is BEEFY! YAY! This will transmit the force smoother and feel much better when I am in a steep and tight pitch. This weather sucks! Can't wait for warm and drier trails.
Hey as I’m looking to replace my chain, might as well do my sprockets too-what’s compatible with this bike?

Edit: chain is on.
I adjusted it according to the specs in the manual (8-10mm play when bike is sitting upright under its own weight) but that seems really tight. Is there a rule of thumb for this sort of thing or just stick to factory specs?

Edit2: also liked how the chain slider mount will not allow the rear wheel to be adjusted fully forward. The tires will strike the portion that protrudes inside of the swing arm. I think I may trim that part off. Go-go gadget grinder lol

Last edited by Okierider; 05-04-2022 at 11:25 PM.

Old 05-06-2022, 02:38 PM   #155

Welp, carb and jets came in, jetted the carb from 80mm main to 130mm, pilot from 30mm I think, to a 50mm, needle from 1st click (was shocked to see that's what it was at) to the center click, and mixture screw 2 turns out. Started and it cranked on the first hit, and purred just right, no bog on the throttle whatsoever from idle to full and no spitting or sputtering. I don't think it's that much too rich, because it doesn't back fire like it probably would if so, but I could be wrong, I just know it runs far more healthier than it being as lean as it was. Very happy with the day.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:20 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Welp, carb and jets came in, jetted the carb from 80mm main to 130mm, pilot from 30mm I think, to a 50mm, needle from 1st click (was shocked to see that's what it was at) to the center click, and mixture screw 2 turns out. Started and it cranked on the first hit, and purred just right, no bog on the throttle whatsoever from idle to full and no spitting or sputtering. I don't think it's that much too rich, because it doesn't back fire like it probably would if so, but I could be wrong, I just know it runs far more healthier than it being as lean as it was. Very happy with the day.
Awesome!
Being at 1700ft I haven’t had starting or running issues, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t lean.
And hell I just want a carb…and exhaust…and intake…and all the things lol.

Old 05-07-2022, 05:29 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Awesome!
Being at 1700ft I haven’t had starting or running issues, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t lean.
And hell I just want a carb…and exhaust…and intake…and all the things lol.
Oh yeah man, my tbr7 I had before actually started and ran out of the box when I lived further up north which was about 160ft elevation. Not perfectly, but it fired it up with the exception of the idle screw being turned in all the way until it stared to warm up more, then I grabbed a mikuni clone with 110m and 35 jets and it ran smooth as a waterfall lol.

Speaking of exhausts and intakes, you seen any online that may be good and of proper fitting?

Old 05-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Oh yeah man, my tbr7 I had before actually started and ran out of the box when I lived further up north which was about 160ft elevation. Not perfectly, but it fired it up with the exception of the idle screw being turned in all the way until it stared to warm up more, then I grabbed a mikuni clone with 110m and 35 jets and it ran smooth as a waterfall lol.

Speaking of exhausts and intakes, you seen any online that may be good and of proper fitting?
Nope. Seems like this bike is still mostly unknown.
I’ve tried looking into henner motorsports but seems it’s a Facebook only operation and I don’t do Facebook. I’d probably throw money at him if he had a shop somewhere but I’m not getting on Facebook to do it.

I’ll probably end up fabbing my own. I don’t have a lot of time to do
such things though, with 3 kids and now moving my play time is near zero.

Last edited by Okierider; 05-08-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Old 05-08-2022, 10:24 PM   #159

Quote:
Hey as I’m looking to replace my chain, might as well do my sprockets too-what’s compatible with this bike?

I adjusted it according to the specs in the manual (8-10mm play when bike is sitting upright under its own weight) but that seems really tight. Is there a rule of thumb for this sort of thing or just stick to factory specs?

Edit2: also liked how the chain slider mount will not allow the rear wheel to be adjusted fully forward. The tires will strike the portion that protrudes inside of the swing arm. I think I may trim that part off. Go-go gadget grinder lol
Did you use a roller chain? Have you changed
sprockets? My chain is stretched to the max and I wanting taller gears..

Old 05-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #160

Quote:

Taller gearing will definitely get you to higher top speed, though hp can limit just how high you can get the rpms! You can put anything on that you want, but might need to keep it in a lower gear to prevent lugging which can happen more easily with taller gearing choices.

For sprocket choices, check out this thread. Third page has a few charts that compare OEM final drive ratios based on original sprockets, with %change for new sprocket choices
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30599

I know you want to go the other way, but I dropped my final drive ratio by 7%, which slows me down on the freeway, but makes it awesome for tighter situations in the dirt and trails. It also makes 2nd gear more usable in the dirt!
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....9&postcount=42

Old 05-09-2022, 09:52 AM   #161

Quote:
Nope. Seems like this bike is still mostly unknown.
I’ve tried looking into henner motorsports but seems it’s a Facebook only operation and I don’t do Facebook. I’d probably throw money at him if he had a shop somewhere but I’m not getting on Facebook to do it.

I’ll probably end up fabbing my own. I don’t have a lot of time to do
such things though, with 3 kids and now moving my play time is near zero.
I feel that, I guess that's another thing that one of us will have to take one for the team on, which I'll probably end up doing eventually lol.

Quote:
Have you checked if there is any space within the front sprocket area to go up to maybe a 15T? I was going to see about it yesterday, but forgot to do so.

Old 05-09-2022, 05:01 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Taller gearing will definitely get you to higher top speed, though hp can limit just how high you can get the rpms! You can put anything on that you want, but might need to keep it in a lower gear to prevent lugging which can happen more easily with taller gearing choices.

For sprocket choices, check out this thread. Third page has a few charts that compare OEM final drive ratios based on original sprockets, with %change for new sprocket choices
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30599

I know you want to go the other way, but I dropped my final drive ratio by 7%, which slows me down on the freeway, but makes it awesome for tighter situations in the dirt and trails. It also makes 2nd gear more usable in the dirt!
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....9&postcount=42

Thanks for the info. Got some more research to do. I don't believe you can go any higher than a 13 tooth front drive. There's just not enough clearance if it binds your looking at a broke case. I have a 12 tooth that I believe should fit from my sons Honda 150f but that's the opposite I want to go. What I'm really wanting is a complete back rim with street tire and the proper tooth count. Not sure what rim is going to fit yet...I believe the bike has the power to maintain 55 mph at a much lower RPM. I did hit 70mph yesterday. "67 my speedo is off 3 mph"... Motor was completely wound out.. I hit 300 miles and decided to push it. Only problem is the chain completely stretched and has a few stiff links..

Old 05-09-2022, 09:52 PM   #163

Quote:
Standard chain-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007A...b_b_asin_title

Makes the bike orders of magnitude quieter, even with it being considerably looser than the manual spec of 8-10mm play.

I did not change sprockets. I’ll play with that when I’m done breaking the bike in. I agree with you that there’s very little room to increase the size of the front sprocket-does not seem feasible.

I’m trying to be rational and not jump the gun on mods until I get to know the bike better…because otherwise I’d have a lectron carb, air box delete, knock the cats out, thinner head gasket, etc, etc, etc…

Old 05-10-2022, 07:16 AM   #164

It's got a nice exhaust on it already, with an expansion chamber, and I think a good sound, so I have no intentions of changing the pipe....I would like to see if I could go up one tooth on the front...but until I can get it titled, it's a moot point.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 05-10-2022, 08:10 AM   #165

PsportsMax emailed me and told me I had to call to order. Then they called me! Something about my address not matching the credit card. So I cancelled the order for now. I am still trying to sell my road bike, and could use the cash. Or at least wait until payday next month.

But I am still on the fence about the GPX TSE250R. A 35+ hp 2 stroke on a light alloy frame with brembo clone brakes really sounds appealing. I know, I know, over $5000! But what a bike.

Still haven't made up my mind.

Oh, and the ticks are coming out already in Kansas City area! Crap! Pulled one off my shoulder after a jaunt through some mucky overgrown woods on the Storm. It was a wet and cold Spring, and all of a sudden, Hot Summer.