Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Web Deals - NEW!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #1

Still no capability for a remote microphone either wired or wireless. There must be a specific reason for it because it seems like such a simple thing to implement and its the most requested feature on all these GoPro style cams.

/

Old 11-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #2

I bought a similar one about 2 years ago. it has worked pretty well so far. the only negative I have about mine is that it will only record while on battery. I can not plug it into my cigarette lighter and record. it is charge-only at that time.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Still no capability for a remote microphone either wired or wireless. There must be a specific reason for it because it seems like such a simple thing to implement and its the most requested feature on all these GoPro style cams.

/
thats easy enough to mod if really desired... crack it open, desolder the internal mic, solder a whip with a jack on the end. add a hole in the case and silicone it.... or do like most of the motovloggers and run seperate audio and video capture. then sync in the "cutting room"

Old 04-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
thats easy enough to mod if really desired... crack it open, desolder the internal mic, solder a whip with a jack on the end. add a hole in the case and silicone it.... or do like most of the motovloggers and run seperate audio and video capture. then sync in the "cutting room"
I doubt it that easy as I assume the reason it doesn't have an external mic jack is because the camera doesn't record audio. Nothing in the spec's mention audio recording capabilities. It would be a lot easier and cheaper to design a camera without audio then one with audio.