Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2024, 02:32 AM   #1

2023 Vitacci Tank stalling with less that 400miles*****solved*****

After putting the bike together, the first issue I noticed was the small fuel leak on the air box. The bike was running fine, so assumed this was normal. After the first oil change at 300mi, the bike took a turn for the worst. Constant stalling and sputtering under load. Have to wait before trying to restart, and when it does, it will rev to 3k. Seems like a fuel issue or the cdi. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Last edited by Purpose; 02-14-2024 at 06:02 PM.

Old 02-14-2024, 04:17 AM   #2

Ouch. EFI gremlin diagnosis time.
Can you trace the leak to a component or connection. I am thinking either too much or not enough fuel. Also check wired connections to EFI components and any possible loose or missing screws that may have loosened due to vibration in this early mileage. Something probabaly got loose or disconnected. It's practically new!!

Old 02-14-2024, 06:28 AM   #3

Could you have overfilled the crankcase with oil? Check that then try running it without the air filter.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:37 AM   #4

Cdi’s usually fail completely or they don’t ,if it’s running at all ,the cdi is probably not the culprit .
Have you done your valve adjustments yet ?nothing to do with the revving to 3k ,but it will make it run shitty like your other complaints .

Old 02-14-2024, 08:17 AM   #5

First, thank you for the fast response. Not sure how to post pics here to show what is going on.

The first issue with the bike was a very small fuel leak that could not be found. Look to have be coming from a type of charcoal canister. This is assumed as there doesn't look like there are any damage to the fuel lines. When I pulled the line to reroute the vacuum lines, the lower line had fuel in it🤷🫣. Drained and took for a ride, and it eventually stalled again and had to let it sit for a minute before it would restart. It is breaking up under load, and then stalls.

Was going to try and pull the fuel pump and see if the fuel sock might be somehow contaminated. This all seemsed to start when I used 93oct gas, since the bike ran fine with the small fuel leak.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Cdi’s usually fail completely or they don’t ,if it’s running at all ,the cdi is probably not the culprit .
Have you done your valve adjustments yet ?nothing to do with the revving to 3k ,but it will make it run shitty like your
other complaints .
Would the bike run good with valves needing adjusting? Was thinking of doing this just in case, since these have been known to arrive out of adjustment.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:10 AM   #7

Old 02-14-2024, 09:11 AM   #8

Yes and no .The valves are usually too tight to begin with ,and might run ok for a while but as the engine starts wearing in ,the valves get so tight that the engine loses compression ,which is I believe where you are at now . Anyway ,chasing down a poor runner is going to be hard if the valves are not properly set ,and your symptoms are textbook other than the high revving .

Old 02-14-2024, 10:02 AM   #9

The next time it sputters and stalls, before restarting bend down close to the gas cap and open it, listen for a hiss. If it does, you may have a clogged gas cap/vent. The tank will pressurize and create a "vapor lock" of sorts, causing fuel starvation.
Just a thought...

Old 02-14-2024, 01:42 PM   #10

Vapor lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
The next time it sputters and stalls, before restarting bend down close to the gas cap and open it, listen for a hiss. If it
does, you may have a clogged gas
cap/vent. The tank will pressurize and
create a "vapor lock" of sorts, causing

g
fuel starvation.
Just a thought...
.Just ran the bike for a few minutesu before running to the store, while.the bike up up on thee dual kick stand. It was idling good, and the moment I pushed it down to attempt to ride it installed. Any idea what that I about? has done that before. Just fired back up and running again. Also, no hiss from the gas tank. Believe this has a vented cap.

Last edited by Purpose; 02-14-2024 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Adding a video

Old 02-14-2024, 03:54 PM   #11

I am back to a loose wire, or internal connection on an electrical part. It stalled when you pushed it off the centerstand, right?

Something is "on the edge"

Old 02-14-2024, 04:09 PM   #12

Loose wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I am back to a loose wire, or internal connection on an electrical part. It stalled when you pushed it off the centerstand, right?

Yes. It also stalls when tilted to the side. There are no cuts in the wiring harness. Gave them a wiggle while running with no result.

Also, there is a missing screw for the fuel injector. I did not remove that one. Never had one. I have moved it around while running, and nothing happened. I hope you are right. Was about to order another fuel pump. I'll put the pump back and look at the harness again. The leaning thing was very odd, especially since the tank if nearly full.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

You were correct. There is a two wire connector in the cluster that instantly killed the bike when. Unplugged. Suppose those vibrations were enough to cause connection issues. I will make a video on it later. Thanks for the support all!!