Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2024, 05:50 PM   #1186

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Weird.

I received some phone calls from former co-workers the last few days asking if it was true that I retired. Looks like some in management are making me persona non grata. Or they are just so incompetent that no one thought to announce it.

I'm leaning toward incompetence.
I received a "Dear colleagues" email from my boss that appeared to be a broadcast to all of my clients. It was very complementary and lauded my accomplishments and contributions...

My mistake was to assume that it went to anyone but me. I got emails from my most common clients within a a few months asking for standard services. I had to explain that I no longer run the place. In retrospect, it made sense.

Hmm. I decided I should let this go. It's not MY nightmare.

Old 01-23-2024, 06:34 PM   #1187

Man, they just won't go away.

I don't mind helping out Seth and Jason with answers. They ask questions that no one else can handle. Seth called Thursday and it was an easy one but he called Old Weird Harold first. Harold fouled up big time. He took a simple problem and complicated it. Anyway, straightened out.

Yesterday, the new Harold called out of the blue. He's been there since May or June and hasn't said a word to me. He asked when the next time I was planning on being to Beaufort so he could take me to lunch for helping out Seth. I said, "Never ever again and you do know that I retired last month, right?" He didn't. Then he said that I should have introduced myself before I retired. I go, "You're the new guy, you should have introduced yourself to me." He hung up.

Harold texts me this morning if my email is still working. I text back that I'm still copied on emails to you. Oh good, I'm forwarding an email for you to look at. JHC, it's the same one I've provided the answer to a half dozen times since August.

As I can no longer be fired, I called Al and asked for a conference call with him, Eric, Harold, and the PA. I asked the PA to pull up the email chain in question and to read them aloud from the newest to the oldest. The second email he read was mine from a month ago with the answer he said he didn't have. I said to the others that the PA is your problem and you'll have to fix it. Then I hung up.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-23-2024, 08:17 PM   #1188

Even in retirement cheesy never fails to deliver.

Somehow, I have a feeling that even after cheesy passes on to his eternal reward*, Harold will find a way to contact him.....
Harold: Oh there you are. I need you to...
cheesy: OMG can't a guy eat some nonfat fruit yogurt in piece?

* Fingers crossed that it's this and not the other thing
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 01-24-2024, 10:46 AM   #1189

I can't believe you're even still taking calls from them. first thing I would have done is block their numbers! It's what I plan to do!

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:44 AM   #1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I can't believe you're even still taking calls from them. first thing I would have done is block their numbers! It's what I plan to do!
It's been three of us(me, Jason, and Harold)against the corporate overlords since the 2107. More like Jason and I because Harold is often bereft of a spine and caves when he sees dollar signs. Once Harold FINALLY decides to throw in the towel, I'll leave the corporate idjits to their own devices. Until then, I'm going to both twist the knife and throw salt on their wounds. Because I can.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-24-2024, 12:14 PM   #1191

Quote:
It's been three of us(me, Jason, and Harold)against the corporate overlords since the 2107. More like Jason and I because Harold is often bereft of a spine and caves when he sees dollar signs. Once Harold FINALLY decides to throw in the towel, I'll leave the corporate idjits to their own devices. Until then, I'm going to both twist the knife and throw salt on their wounds. Because I can.
Thats precisely what i would do as well..... make them see the mistakes, in the most blatantly obvious ways, because they cant fire ya!

Old 01-24-2024, 05:59 PM   #1192

Any advice should come after a nice consultancy fee. Why not get paid to insult them?
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 01-25-2024, 08:27 AM   #1193

can't argue with knife twisting and salt.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 02-02-2024, 12:12 PM   #1194

Other than a slight facepalming email regarding the same email the previous week, it's been calm. Apparently the Purchasing A**hole cannot read a spec sheet that has the answer circled in red.

Anyway, other than my Monday, Wednesday, Friday texts with Catherine of Puerto Rico, which are more of a 'Hey, how the hell are ya?' and keeping her in the loop with Mrs.C's recovery, not much is going on.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-03-2024, 09:23 AM   #1195

We need more drama. Car chases, explosions, bodies hurtling through the air, that kind of stuff. Maybe a 1950s sci-fi type of radioactive monster coming from the sea. With a minigun.....

Old 02-09-2024, 04:29 PM   #1196

Before the unpleasantness of last night, I was supposed to have breakfast with Harold. Rumor has it that he has been told that he is no longer Jason and Seth's boss. I wanted to hear Harold's' take on it. Per Jason, they went from having one boss, Harold and sometimes me, to five bosses and Harold and I aren't on that list.

With a 2.5:1 ratio of manager to worker, I can't see anything good coming out of it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-09-2024, 05:19 PM   #1197

Quote:
Before the unpleasantness of last night, I was supposed to have breakfast with Harold. Rumor has it that he has been told that he is no longer Jason and Seth's boss. I wanted to hear Harold's' take on it. Per Jason, they went from having one boss, Harold and sometimes me, to five bosses and Harold and I aren't on that list.

With a 2.5:1 ratio of manager to worker, I can't see anything good coming out of it.
Au contraire, I see endless fodder for sarcastic commentary.

Old 02-23-2024, 12:44 PM   #1198

Snort The hits keep on coming.

Way back in 17, when this cluster started, I ended up on the AT&T wireless account as the administrator because the CFO at the time got canned. Today, I got a call from Eric, the CEO, telling me that they want to do something with the account and they can't do squat without my say so because I'm still the administrator.

I should have been removed from that at the end of 17.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-23-2024, 01:07 PM   #1199

did you laugh out loud when on the phone with him?

Old 02-23-2024, 01:27 PM   #1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
did you laugh out loud when on the phone with him?
Oh yes. Eric was choking, too. He came late to the party and missed a lot of the fun.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800