Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2023, 08:04 PM   #1

Longjia Buccaneer 250-V mods and asthetics

Greetings everyone!

I hope I'm in the right place, a couple years back I bought a Longjia Buccaneer as my first bike and I'm still rocking it. I made a few changes like painting it and changes the sprockets to add a little bit of top end. But I've been meaning to do some other changes regarding the power out put.

So far my research has turned up nothing for things like big bore kits, even though local mechanics say that the bike uses the same engine block as the Yamaha Virago 250 just with an EFI system, yet they refuse to touch it.

My question is, do any of you know websites for parts to upgrade my bike other than those in China? Some refuse to ship to the Balkans for whatever reason.

Cheers.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:14 PM   #2

I know of one member who used to post a lot about his Buccaneer, and still has this thread up. I suggest you contact member ChopperCharles. https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32114

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-14-2023, 11:38 AM   #3

I just picked up an SSR Buccaneer 250i v-twin as well. I rode it for about 2 hours yesterday and it was a good time. I can already see where I'd like to make some minor improvements. To free up some of the small ponies, I think going down to a 420 chain would be appropriate seeing how it only makes 18hp and I live at elevation which means it's not even making that lol. I'd also like to build a 17" rear wheel for it so I have better tire choices; If I could find an OEM rear hub to start with, I think I could buy spokes and a rim from Buchanan. A quick turn throttle would be a nice improvement too since there's a lot of twisting to get to WOT haha.

Old 02-27-2023, 04:25 PM   #4

Since I ordered my spokes from Buchanan, they already have all the length and bend information. You just have to order it and mention it's for the SSR Buccaneer 250. I laced a 19" front and a 17" rear on mine.

If you have a 2017 model, add clamp-on support braces to your frame, otherwise the passenger section can break and dump your passenger on the ground. This flaw was fixed in the 2018-up bikes, but USA only got the 2017 model year so all of them have this flaw.

For performance, get the Caffenia exhaust sold on eBay. It's not cheap. Do not replace the OEM airbox with a K&N style pod filter unless you intend to never ever ride dirt or in dusty conditions, as dirt goes right through them. The intake roar is also ridiculously loud. The best performance upgrade is the 520 chain and a smaller countershaft sprocket.

There used to be a Virago 250 big bore kit, but the company that made them went out of business. This will never be a fast bike, but it's still a lot of fun.

Charles.

Charles.

Old 11-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #5

there is available a big bore kit from a brazilian store. They even manufacture the cam needed to handle the compression and performance. Problem is they only sell it in brazil. If anyone has relatives or contacts there, it could be easier. I'll share their IG and online store links

Store: https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...6-934ff1d452ab

IG: https://www.instagram.com/retificamu...Q5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

Tags
longjia.mods.