Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2022, 02:19 AM   #1

Going nuts trying to find this part..

Backstory... And my Google fu is sucking big time right now trying to find these parts.

I have a Honda z50 I am getting up and going for my 9 year old. I started with a rolling chassis with no engine and have a 70cc Lifan with a bottom mount starter I am trying to put into it..

Years ago I stole all the bottom mount starter specific parts off of the left side of that 70cc engine for a 140cc swap. I have since started to buy the replacement parts for the parts I stole off the 70cc engine. In this setup the stator is mounted in the outer side case cover and the flywheel magneto is reversed with the magnet cup side of the flywheel facing the stator in the side case cover.

The 70cc engine I have is not drilled and machined for a stator plate so I had to replace all the e start part's. The bottom mount start lifan uses a mid plate. On that mid plate the 1 way starter clutch, start chain and starter are all mounted.

The only replacement parts I cannot find for this setup on the 70cc is the chain guide stamped retainer as well as the 1 way starter clutch gear retainer tab. The 2 parts are mounted with the same single bolt and are just simple stamped brackets.

Anyone have any idea what these 2 pieces are actually called? I cannot seem to find them anywhere. I'll try to post a pic of these 2 parts.

Old 05-30-2022, 02:25 AM   #2

Hopefully this shows up. It the Silver parts located in between the flywheel and the starter pinion gear. There's actually 2 pieces mounted under this single 10mm bolt. One keeps the 1 way starter gear from moving out and the other keeps the rubber starter chain guide in place.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI I stole this pic off a screen shotted Youtube video.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220530-011246_YouTube.jpg (106.7 KB, 72 views)

Old 05-30-2022, 02:38 AM   #3

Here's how the old 70cc lifan is setup. This was a E start engine from the factory and had a mid plate for the e start stuff. The engine case is not machined for a engine mounted stator with the flywheel cup that faces the engine.