Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #1

160km trip

My friend and I took our Lifans on an 160K on/off road trip yesterday that winds around a very large lake.

Man was it ever fun, Cold but a blast of fun. 45 Km of it was city road/highway, and the rest dirt logging road. We had the bikes up to 120kmh on the highway and I find there is a slight wobble at that speed and wouldn't want to drive for too long above 100kmh. Couple stops along the way for refreshments and taking in the views of waterfalls and lake/Islands below. We found a side trail off the main logging road that wound its way down to the lake to a tucked away secluded beach/cove which became our turn around point as it was getting close to dark. The ride home once we hit the pavement was pretty much as fast as you can in the dark, freezing our butts off. A super long hot soak after was very much needed.
Couple issues with the bikes. My buddy lost one of his muffler bolts early and we took one screw/bolt from the Cool Boy to keep it up and from rubbing on the rear tire (he Lost the other bolt later as well). we went through a couple large puddles and I think I ended up with a little water in the engine as the bike would sputter once in awhile when I'd open it wide out after that. I also lost the screw that holds the seat and I'm going over the whole bike's screws/bolts today. I finally dumped the bike for the first time into the side ditch and I guess that's what I get for looking back over my shoulder for too long(hands follow head) The bike took the worst of it: Broke off the right Turn Signal and the Right Mirror shattered. I think its a good thing I had moved both the front brake and clutch in about 1.5 inches so they don't stick out beyond the handle bars as I may have snapped the front brake off as well. Off to the store to find new mirrors and turn signals.
pictures of the damage to follow soon.
Link to a google map of the lake

Old 11-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #2

Mp,

Sorry to hear you wiped out, glad your ok. One of the reasons I like these ds bikes is that they can go anywhere and usually dump without inflicting a whole lot of injury to the rider or the bike.

Sounds like you had a good ride otherwise.. Checked out the google sattelite map link to the lake and it really looks like some awesome riding opportunities. The beach/ cove area where you turned around sounded like a great spot to camp in warmer weather.

NET

Old 11-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NET
Checked out the google sattelite map link to the lake and it really looks like some awesome riding opportunities. The beach/ cove area where you turned around sounded like a great spot to camp in warmer weather
for sure that's the thought we had.
we went on the spur of the moment as a trial ride and we are going to plan a long trip for late spring with camping gear ect..
here's a link to a ride report with pictures from a ride this past summer that starts where we were and goes much further; it actually goes to where I work through all mountain back roads.

East Harrison to Boston Bar

also a link here for great pictures of the lake from the logging road (East Harrison FSR) we were on.

East Harrison

Molypod