Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 AM   #1

+2°C

Took a 50 km ride last night +2° degrees celcius (35°F ?), had to use my fog free snowmobile helmet to be able to see. Absolute pitch black, glad i put a stronger bulb in. 300 km:s so far, no problems. Haven´t even had to adjust the chain tension. The season is soon over, must take every chance to ride.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #2

It's been dipping into the 70's (Faranheit) at night here...brrrr! It's still about 35 Celsius as a high in the day. Riding season extended to............
indefinite!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
That's the great thing about your area, Culcune ... you can just rub it in all day long! It must be nice. Envy has set in.
Here in MS, it is starting to dip into the 40's at night here, but warming up pretty good during the day, around 75-80F. In my younger days, I only had a bike to commute with and had to ride through the winter with a snowmobile suit on ... still don't know how I did that. Guess it's not too bad unless you have to start fighting the sleet and ice ... yes, I've done that, too.
One thing I like about my Valk (or Goldwing ) is that when your feet get cold, you simply slide them under the heads and you can keep moving.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #4

Actually, the saying" the grass is always greener on the other side" applies here. 6 months out of the year, the heat is very intense; well into the 100's F daily, and sometimes hitting 115 or so (30's and 40's C for you metric types) This goes on and on for a few months. Now, it hits high 90's or low 100's, and high 60's or low 70's at night.

This brings on the onslaught of "snowbirds" from the western states and north of the border. Our speed limit of 35 mph is just laughed at by elderly people who dawdle all day through town at 20-25 mph. Of course, there is not much to see in Yuma to begin with, so what they are driving so slowly to see is beyond me.

After 2 years here, I have pretty much given up, and want to go slightly north to the slightly greener pastures of Las Vegas (As a teacher, Arizona has proven itself as one of the lowest paid states for this "profession"). I have a few weeks off to enjoy myself, but have no $$ to do so (remember my pm's about buying an engine from you--I still need one!)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #5

Catastrophix, sorry to highjack your post/thread. There are some higher elevation areas in Arizona that get snow regularly, and get below 0 Celcius for the winter. If I choose to do so, and get my much needed engine, I might just ride up to one of those areas this fall or winter.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #6

You can hijack as much as you want!
In summer (June to August) we get temperatures around 25-30°C, and in the winter around -25--30°C.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #7

On one of the forums, there was a guy who used to ride a Yamaha TW200 to work. (This was somewhere in the US, where it gets cold all winter) He and a Harley rider co-worker had a standing bet as to who would ride into the fall season the longest. I think the Harley guy won, into November or something like that! Don't give up CatastrophiX! You have some more time to ride (or you can just ship your bike to me...I will take very good care of it this winter) :wink:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #8

I plan on riding my bike till it gets it gets treacherous. I think 0 to -5C would be tolerable at up to 35mph. Gotta have a full riding suit and full protection. Ohio winters are sometimes brutal but I am sure I'll be able to ride all winter.. just not every day. I am gonna see what happens. I'll take pictures...

Old 09-30-2006, 05:47 AM   #9

Blimpman and everyone else; You should ALWAYS wear full protection. Hot weather is no excuse not to wear protection. I can thank my Rukka suits for saving my ass and other body parts in two serious crashes. In the second one my suit was severely damaged but i was ok....

Old 09-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathastrophiX
Blimpman and everyone else; You should ALWAYS wear full protection. Hot weather is no excuse not to wear protection. I can thank my Rukka suits for saving my ass and other body parts in two serious crashes. In the second one my suit was severely damaged but i was ok....
Always have and always will.... AGATT....