Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 06-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #1

rps250cc aka The Hawk

I'm thinking of purchasing this bike, the RPS250cc, however I cannot find out anything about it!

If I search it up I get people selling it, but no details! I was looking at the XF250 for awhile and then decided to branch out to other low cost Chinese bikes and stumbled across The Hawk

I figured with all the info that the forum had on the XF250, yall would have the best chance of helping me out to get my first bike!

Because I'm new to motorcycles in general, I'm trying to find out as much as possible as I can about the bike, manuals/videos/etc

Anything helps! Thanks everyone!

Old 06-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #2

Hah, this is right up my alley....my neighbor was recently selling an xf250, great price asking 2000 for a 500 mile bike. I bought the hawk instead.

Hawk pluses in my opinion
17/21 wheels
Better price

SSR pluses
True 250 cc Suzuki clone motor, perhaps higher overall quality / fit finish, actual warranty and dealer network.

I wasn't keen on the smaller, wider wheels / tires on the SSR, just my opinion. The SSR 250 is likely a better bike but sells new for $3000 plus $300 assembly plus 7% tax, much more than the Hawk. The SSR has a dealer network, warranty, service and parts over the counter. With the Hawk...your pretty much on your own. I never rode the SSR, but I will say the Hawk is a great bike sub $1400. If you prefer a warranty and a "brick and mortar" dealer, then the SSR may be for you. IMO the SSR is not close to 3 times the bike for the price.

The Hawk comes in a crate, assembly and tuning are on you, the XF250 is assembled, hopefully tuned properly, sorted and ready to ride, it really depends on your skill and comfort level.

Have you ever worked on a motorcycle? What is your experience as a mechanic? Bikes in a crate are not for everyone.

Last edited by wilserchinarider; 06-30-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #3

Well the bike would already come pre-assembled and the company im buying from can get parts and work on the bike in case it's needed so I'm not too worried about that part, but what about after market such as exhaust/etc??

Tags
250 hawk, 250cc, first bike, parts, rps250