Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #31

Geico

Happy St. Patty's Day!
I have GEICO, live in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida, just liability is running me $99 per year, but I got a $1.00 discount for a rider safety course and a $1.00 discount for being a "Mature" driver! That's the nice way of calling someone OLD! Oh why you are soooo mature!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 03-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #32

It would be really nice some day to come across some sort of guide to insurance costs. And which companies are better to deal with. different states and even cities are all different.

In Ar. $70 to $80 will buy liability for a crotch rocket as of a few years back! My company will not insure them. It would also be nice to learn which of the many styles of bike are the least expensive as well as if there is a difference in brands. And most important is what your agent will not insure.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:02 PM   #33

I might get a Hawk, but I have something kinda weird going on with my insurance. I currently have a policy with Geico for my scooter, and so I tried getting a quote for the Hawk. It said that they had to email me back with the quote. On the email, it said that said "Based on your current policy, we are unable to offer coverage for the
2017 HAOSEN HAWK 250 in your state." My state is NC. Anyone heard of this before? Is it just because of my policy or did they just stop insuring those in NC for some reason?

Old 09-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #34

You guys are lucky you don't live in Michigan. We have a mandatory medical fund that all must pay into. It's set by law per vehicle, car or motorcycle same. It varies every year. This year it is $170 per vehicle.

"All insured Michigan drivers are required to pay Michigan's Catastrophic Claims Association fee. The fee is unique to Michigan and ensures all insured drivers will have unlimited medical coverage when injured in a car accident. The only insured vehicles not required to have the MCCA fee are vehicles in storage with comprehensive coverage only listed on the policy."

That $170 is the starting point. I'm in the lowest risk category, so the cheapest possible insurance. $325 per bike per year. And believe me, I've shopped around.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwam Jones View Post
You guys are lucky you don't live in Michigan. We have a mandatory medical fund that all must pay into. It's set by law per vehicle, car or motorcycle same. It varies every year. This year it is $170 per vehicle.

"All insured Michigan drivers are required to pay Michigan's Catastrophic Claims Association fee. The fee is unique to Michigan and ensures all insured drivers will have unlimited medical coverage when injured in a car accident. The only insured vehicles not required to have the MCCA fee are vehicles in storage with comprehensive coverage only listed on the policy."

That $170 is the starting point. I'm in the lowest risk category, so the cheapest possible insurance. $325 per bike per year. And believe me, I've shopped around.
A person you may recall from AK SKiZo was injured in a motorcycle accident in MI. This law is helping him out greatly. He lost a leg and is going thru rehab. The post in the subscriber section so you will not be able to see it.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
A person you may recall from AK SKiZo was injured in a motorcycle accident in MI. This law is helping him out greatly. He lost a leg and is going thru rehab. The post in the subscriber section so you will not be able to see it.

I also have a friend here in MI who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident. I agree that Michigan 's unlimited medical coverage is good for those injured. Unfortunately, the cost per person in huge. I have three cars, two motorcycles. I'm paying through the nose.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:29 PM   #37

Got mine through State Farm $1 a month collision only, no uninsured motorist. That's what dropped the price losing that. Who needs it the bike is only 1k and I have Obama forced insurance so I'm covered there anyhow. So yea pretty much a China Policy on my China bike HAHAHAHA. I live in B.F.E. and wont see the city much anyhow And I doubt cactus counts as an uninsured motorist.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwam Jones View Post

That mandatory fee will be $220 per vehicle starting july, its 197 right now. I'm going to start shopping for my storm that's on its way, but it's going to be around $300 minimum with no collision or comp. My other bike was $320 i think for liability coverage but its a 1300cc so its more. Probably $650+ tags to ride these damn things 4-5 months a year lol. Almost as bad as a boat...

Old 05-24-2019, 08:19 PM   #39

I just insured my Hawk 250 in West Michigan for $20/month for PL/PD no medical rider with State Farm. I have multiple vehicles, home, and a clean record. Total fees at the SOS for tax, title, plate was $120.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maadcat View Post
I just insured my Hawk 250 in West Michigan for $20/month for PL/PD no medical rider with State Farm. I have multiple vehicles, home, and a clean record. Total fees at the SOS for tax, title, plate was $120.
Not bad, your actual insurance rate is only $43 for the year when you remove the mcca fee.

My Honda is with progressive, soon as I get the storm Vin I'll be interested to see how it varies between them. Hopefully they offer a multi bike discount.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:51 PM   #41

Got my storm today so i finally know my VIN. progressive wants an additional $179 for the year to add the storm. Remember MI has the mandatory $197 MCCA fee, so the multi bike discount was enough to waive whatever the insurance was plus $18 off the MCCA fee.

Progressive did not pull the info with the VIN, so i just selected "other" as the manufacture and put in the make and model and engine size, no issues and it took less than 5 minutes.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:31 PM   #42

I got State Farm full coverage in North Dakota, $77/year.

Old 10-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #43

I use progressive and with medical bills up to 2500 its $89 a year.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #44

I added mine for $8 a year and $10 for roadside assistance through progressive. I'm old and I already have 2 other bikes on the policy. Makes rates low... But I'd gladly pay a little more to be younger. Lol
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 10-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #45

I just got my renewal in the mail. $143/year for all the two (and one three) wheeled toys with Progressive.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up