Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Sightings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #1

China bikes crossing the US/Mexican border

If you have ever taken a trip into Mexico by vehicle, you know how long the wait can be getting back into the US. Well, this is a daily experience for Mexicans who live in Mexican border towns, and cross into the US to work (no, not all crossing are illegal, LOL) and cross back over into Mexico after work. They get the best of both worlds; cheap rent and US wages.

Giving you a background of what happens in most any border town, USA, the secret to expedited crossing is to do it by bike, either the pedal kind or the motorized kind. You simply ride through all the traffic that is lined up, and scoot to the front of the line. The US Customs will never call you on this, and now that word is out, more people are commuting into the US by bike--Chinabikes! I have been seeing more and more Itallika branded scooters and bikes. No one really has a "stylish" ride like an enduro, but are more of the "business" kind like those old plain Honda-copies of their standards; the ones with 125cc engines. I have seen 2 this week alone in San Luis, AZ where I work. I am sure there will be more.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard