Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phager76 View Post
In an Amazon.com world we've all become accustomed to order processing in minutes or hours, not days, and orders to our door in two days. I don't think any of us expect a motorcycle delivered to our door in two days, but I really don't think it's too much to ask for same day/next day processing.
I was just talking about this with my wife. I'm not a impatient person and I don't expect everyone to be amazon but I at least expect some sort of reasonable progress in a week. Nothing, and I mean nothing has happened with my order in the seven days since I've placed it. If there is not some kind of action by tomorrow afternoon I'm going to have to start taking things into my own hands. There is no reason a company can't have a order processed in this amount of time.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #32

I hope you didn't think I was implying you were being overly impatient (Tone and meaning are such a hard thing to convey in text) so I hope I didn't offend. My point (for clarification) is that, like it or not, we live in an instant gratification world. Thanks to Amazon, and now WalMart, two day shipping, Sunday delivery, and rapid processing are the norm and the trend will just continue.

Companies live and die on their online reputation, and these China Bike dealers that can't meet the needs of the client base, are going to wither and die as forums like this one expose poor customer service, lengthy delays and lapses of communication. I really hate to see a small company go under, and I'd love to see powersport max and other companies that are providing a substandard service turn things around and start taking care of the customer and thrive. I think we're on the edge of a renaissance in the Chinese motorcycle industry. I'm seeing a lot of parallels between the CBs of the last 5 years or so that I've been looking into CBs and what I've read of Honda and other Japanese manufacturers of the early 60s. I'd say in the next 5-7 years we're going to see a lot more CBs on the road, with a larger dealer network here in the US, Quality levels will continue to go up (See CSC) and after sale support will no longer be an afterthought (Pardon the pun). We're the pioneers of this new age, and sadly that means we also have to bear the brunt of the current growing pains we see in the industry.

Wow, I went off on a bit of a tangent there, sorry for the threadjack

Old 03-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #33

Quote:
I hope you didn't think I was implying you were being overly impatient (Tone and meaning are such a hard thing to convey in text) so I hope I didn't offend. My point (for clarification) is that, like it or not, we live in an instant gratification world. Thanks to Amazon, and now WalMart, two day shipping, Sunday delivery, and rapid processing are the norm and the trend will just continue.
Nope, I wasn't offended at all! I was actually just being conversational! Like you said Tone is a hard thing to convey in text!

I also agree that we're a group of pioneers of a new age. So many people shun china bikes. It's actually came quite a ways in the past five or six years though. I remember when I had my first china bike no one took it seriously at all. When I had my Chinese scooter a few years later I had a lot of people ask me about it. The tone is changing all the time.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #34

American Lifan is planning to make a comeback via dealerships as we speak. Loosely, that is what SSR is doing, but if you look around, you can find some of their bikes via mail-order. RPS, who are most famous for the Hawk, but have added a slew of product, has dealers, and is looking for more. To me, Bashan, based on their line of enduros, could be sold via dealerships (and are), rather than mail-order; I mean like a specific Bashan dealer, rather than a random place selling a bunch of Chinese products, that currently exist. To me, the distributors could start reining in their products simply by encouraging branding via signage. I mean, a Bashan sign, for instance, outside a mom and pop powersports dealer might start instilling a bit of confidence in people. I believe that Taotao should consider the same. Ok, MORE hijacking over

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
American Lifan is planning to make a comeback via dealerships as we speak. Loosely, that is what SSR is doing, but if you look around, you can find some of their bikes via mail-order. RPS, who are most famous for the Hawk, but have added a slew of product, has dealers, and is looking for more. To me, Bashan, based on their line of enduros, could be sold via dealerships (and are), rather than mail-order; I mean like a specific Bashan dealer, rather than a random place selling a bunch of Chinese products, that currently exist. To me, the distributors could start reining in their products simply by encouraging branding via signage. I mean, a Bashan sign, for instance, outside a mom and pop powersports dealer might start instilling a bit of confidence in people. I believe that Taotao should consider the same. Ok, MORE hijacking over
To me, in a way, I feel like something will be lost when china bikes become standard in dealerships. There is something to be said for the kind of "underground" feeling of it all....except for waiting 7 days with no order update at all
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezx20 View Post
Bro i sent my payment via paypal on the 23 and the next day i received tracking info that the bike was getting ready to be picked up for transit, i have a estimated date of 7th for delivery. As of today the 6th it shows the bike at the terminal where it gets loaded on a liftgate to come to me. Ill let you know if i get it tomorrow and post some pics. My experience with venommotorsports has been awesome. They answer messages thru fb on SUNDAYS! Who else does that? Thats what i call customer service! I hope you get your bike soon!
Start a thread with delivery truck pics!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #37

Quote:

Companies live and die on their online reputation, and these China Bike dealers that can't meet the needs of the client base, are going to wither and die as forums like this one expose poor customer service, lengthy delays and lapses of communication. I really hate to see a small company go under, and I'd love to see powersport max and other companies that are providing a substandard service turn things around and start taking care of the customer and thrive. I think we're on the edge of a renaissance in the Chinese motorcycle industry. I'm seeing a lot of parallels between the CBs of the last 5 years or so that I've been looking into CBs and what I've read of Honda and other Japanese manufacturers of the early 60s. I'd say in the next 5-7 years we're going to see a lot more CBs on the road, with a larger dealer network here in the US, Quality levels will continue to go up (See CSC) and after sale support will no longer be an afterthought (Pardon the pun). We're the pioneers of this new age, and sadly that means we also have to bear the brunt of the current growing pains we see in the industry.

Wow, I went off on a bit of a tangent there, sorry for the threadjack
Off the rails and back again...you did good
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
To a dealer with a sharp eye for proper set up, I think these bashans and hawks could stand tall.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #39

Jsumd its here bro!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1488997707802.jpg (95.4 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg 1489016571100.jpg (94.2 KB, 297 views)

Old 03-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #40

Any update on your bike, jsumd? My two made it safe and sound, so when your's gets sent out, it should come safe and sound.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #41

Congrats bro! Looks good! Let me know how the assembly goes!

No nothing. My son has a stomach bug so I didnt call today. Going to do so first thing tomorrow.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #42

Since I'm at work I don't really have time to call until this afternoon but I sent another email before leaving this morning. I basically said they have had my cashiers check for 9 days (7 business days) and I haven't had any update at all on the status of my order other than short email responses. I also asked for a substantial update by this afternoon or I would start making phone calls to my bank.

There is no reason a company should keep someones money and not change the status of the order when they do so. They deposited the check (by what they say) three days ago. The check should already be cleared.

I'm really not happy with powersportsmax as far as customer service goes. When and if I get this bike I will not be using them for anything again.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #43

I feel bad for pointing them out. They have been around for years, and shipping out in a timely manner and aftersales warranty issues are but two complaints we have heard regarding them. But, they do offer super-low prices. Boom! International is literally within a relatively few miles of them, and I doubt they are even picking up your bike in the first place, but rather drop-shipping, but over a week? Not in stock cannot be an excuse as veezx20's bike most likely was shipped from Boom!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-09-2017, 04:29 PM   #44

I think the biggest factor in the huge delay on mine is the cashiers check. However they have had it more than long enough. If you cant do any better than that dont have it as a payment option. My lesson is learned lol
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #45

I seems silly to ask for them, in the day and age where people run all kinds of scams with fake cashiers checks!?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150